return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
i just started a new job.
View this Thread in Original format
Omega_Blue
and i hate it. i sit there, and weld big ol' motherin air tanks all day. on third shift. so i was sitting there, on break (at 1am) contemplating my situation right. and i almost get up and walk out of the place. i'm not the type to just quit a job.. it was that bad.

so i came to this realization.. i have a two year college degree, nothing great, just a general associate's degree. and i thought to myself, "WHY am i not utilizing this? why am i working in a ing high school dropout factory?"

so the question is, folks.. what kind of jobs can i get with a two year degree? much appreciated.
gwrmarines
Learn some fighting skills, demolitions and electronics and become a thief. Thats my plan. Later on buy a yacht and live on a tropical island.

Thats my plan at least. Just gotta learn some more demo and im .
Omega_Blue
quote:
Originally posted by gwrmarines
Learn some fighting skills, demolitions and electronics and become a thief. Thats my plan. Later on buy a yacht and live on a tropical island.

Thats my plan at least. Just gotta learn some more demo and im .

so THATS the meaning of life. it's all so clear now. but seriously, i'm done with stealing. went through a klepto phase when i was a teenager.. :sadgreen:
jdat
general associates degree is that the name of the degree or can you be more specific?
Omega_Blue
quote:
Originally posted by jdat
general associates degree is that the name of the degree or can you be more specific?

i'm pretty sure it's "associate's degree in arts and sciences"

i think. it's nothing specialized in any sort of field, it felt like an extension of highschool. math, english, psych, econ, philosophy, etc. etc.
Omega_Blue
quote:
UW schools that grant the Bachelor's degree consider UW Colleges students with the Associate of Arts and Science degree to have satisfied the university-wide general education breadth requirements.
Aquadyne
I'll let you in on a little secret. Even bachelor's degrees aren't worth these days.

Everyone is scrambling so hard to have a hot office job, workking in advertising, finance or marketing that there is a saturation in corporate job market.

One extension of economy that is tremendously overlooked is trades.

So become a plumber, or an electrician, or elevator maintenance etc. Those jobs will be in demand in foreseeable future and once you're licensed and unionized, you can make a lot of bank. Sure it's not glamorous - but it's money
jdat
quote:
Originally posted by Aquadyne
So become a plumber, or an electrician, or elevator maintenance etc. Those jobs will be in demand in foreseeable future and once you're licensed and unionized, you can make a lot of bank. Sure it's not glamorous - but it's money

All these trade jobs are already high in demand and are quite easy to bank on so Omega_blue make your move.

And wtf is that associates degree you have????? Wow seems pointless unless you had continued your education.
Omega_Blue
quote:
I'll let you in on a little secret. Even bachelor's degrees aren't worth these days.

Everyone is scrambling so hard to have a hot office job, workking in advertising, finance or marketing that there is a saturation in corporate job market.

yeah, i've heard that from others as well. but the last thing i wanna do is be a plumber, or whatever. not my thing. i'm trying to stay out of the manual labor thing, ie welding.

quote:
Originally posted by jdat
And wtf is that associates degree you have????? Wow seems pointless unless you had continued your education.

yeah i've realized now that it's pretty much a waste of my time. i plan on finishing school, or at least continuing it in the fall (i just "graduated" last month). it's pretty much saying that i finished two of the four years of a bachelor's degree. whoop-dee-doo. still undecided for a major though, which makes things even worse. i guess i could try an internship or something? at a career that i'm interested in? :conf:
Aquadyne
internships without a degree won't get you

anything less than a master's degree won't get you .

If you're going to stay in school, you better plan on supporting yourself somehow for the next 4 years while you finish last 2 years of bachelor's and 2 years of master's.

IF you're not a bright guy - that's even more incentive to go into trades. Let's face it, we would all like to think that we are smart, but most people are ing stupid. I've seen high school graduates in this country that still can't read. So unless you're sure that you can excel at school and seriously make the best of it - why waste the effort and the money.

KilldaDJ
quote:

that is pretty much word perfect in terms of quality of life

it comes down to money

and if unclogging toilets leads to a better life, then so be it
jonSun
quote:
Originally posted by Omega_Blue
and i hate it. i sit there, and weld big ol' motherin air tanks all day. on third shift. so i was sitting there, on break (at 1am) contemplating my situation right. and i almost get up and walk out of the place. i'm not the type to just quit a job.. it was that bad.

so i came to this realization.. i have a two year college degree, nothing great, just a general associate's degree. and i thought to myself, "WHY am i not utilizing this? why am i working in a ing high school dropout factory?"

so the question is, folks.. what kind of jobs can i get with a two year degree? much appreciated.

Just having a degree normally doesnt get you too much. You normally need experiance to make any real money. I would try & find some type of job in sales. Either outside or inside sales. You can make excellent money in sales. Plus out of all the people i know with college degress, only 3 make any decent money. One is a Chemical Engineer & 2 are nurses.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement