return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal

Pages: [1] 2 3 
moevalith :: june 2006 promo
View this Thread in Original format
moevalith
Hey TA mentalists :)

The time has come again for yet another promo

Here's the cd cover (back+front)

Right click save as the following:
moevalith - june 2006 promo

Some people thought that my may promo was good listening only. With this in mind, I've utilized the previous comments and hopefully this months promo's results will speak for itself, whatever the language.

Again, Marc Ashken keeps on pleasuring me ears, Remute along with Stian Klo have been of special interest to me this month, keep yer ears out!

Comments, Compliments, Suggestions, Bashing, Flaming welcome :)

Thank you starlyn for the graphic :p
Marcus007
Downloading now. Very nice artwork btw and I can't wait to listen to this mix. :)

Cheers!
Piett
Cant wait to check this out, gonna listen as soon as im through with the new Digweed album :crazy:
jesteraver
Downloading now...
Wisnia
fetching now,

SICK SICK SICK graphic, i love it.
Dj Vicci
dl now very nice artwork
Deluca
lovin it
Mitsutranza
moevalith just keeps getting better and better...for the life of me i dont understand how he's not gigging at afters ...arghhhh...patience patience.......

1) Coxtone:: Great, smooth, very catchy opener...perfect for setting the sound in the beginning stages of the set, nothing too hard or too in-your-face but groovy enough to blend with the next track...

2) Gransha:: Picks up on the groove and releases crazy energy. Ashken has out-done himself with this production, I haven't heard anything quite so original before with the whispery vocals standing out. For anyone who loves to bouce this is the track.

3) Analogue 1:: For me, moevalith's best 3-track-combo (let's say hat-trick as it is world cup and all :p) starts with Sweet N Candy's minimal murderer. Extremely catchy and a great way to keep up the pace. This track grows on you and after listening to it for the first time all you want to do is listen to it again (that continous bassriff.. wow), but luckily this is the hat-trick and the next track fills in verry nicely.

4) Nashville:: The seals are back!! This time accompanied by hydrolics with attitude ;). This man, Metope a.k.a. Michael Schwanen needs to get an award or something. Most original producer, umm, maybe ever? I can see his name in many promos to come. Simply amazing. That riff is just so argghh aggresive, makes you want ot go out and do , be somebody

5) Fernweh:: The combo's magnificent closer.. does this really need any comments? I know I was left speechless the first time I heard it, and I love the fact that its included in the mix. Extrawelt have been on a gold streak and they are coming to Montreal in October. If you want to hear quality sound and the most beautiful melodies of EDM like the underwater ballad that comes in this one, check them out.

6) Infected:: Tejada is another name that is known to many on this board, and he's making his first appearance in Montreal very soon as well..you can hear that it stands out like the previous tracks from him and Maxwell. For me, although not my favorite on the set, Tejada&Maxwell tracks are the perfect bridges. After that powerful 3-track display a bridge was needed to cross over to the land of ...... joyful economic chaos?

7) 5000 Euro:: Whether it's intentional or not, although Im sure it is, there is always humour in a moevalith set. Remember O..O..Obre? Hahahaha, now it's ..'Dge shlasse..there's a 6000 dollar..." WTF?? Im convincied this is the track to listen to when drunk. Acid twitching that Analogue 1 picked up is brought back here and the guitar that comes in is the definition of fun. One of those tracks that u know the DJ is having a blast while spinning, it's just that good..

8) The Tip:: Glad that it's not the very popular Neville remix because the original works just as well. This is the peak of the set for me, more specifically, the main drop of the song is where the party is AT if it were in a club or afterhour. This can easily become a summer anthem if it were to cirulate around the correct circles, that's how much power it has yes. :toothless

9) Fever:: Another bridge which is necessary after the peak of the set and nobody does filler better than Bobby Peru :toothless acid at its best...somebody needs to book this guy pronto.

10) Mario's Adventure:: Which rock was Stian Klo hiding under? He's been in it for a while and with this set's closer you can obviously hear the experience. The joyfullness of Remute is rememberd with this upbeat and ultra-energetic finisher that will leave people wanting more...

Bottom line::
Every track stands out, every track has that certain something else that marks it apart from every other one and yet the flow is kept up nicely through-out and the mixes are seamless from the 3 times I've heard the set. Fernweh comes in very abruptly after Nashville so there is a sudden change of direction, and I would say that the beginning of the set (mainly because of that amazing hat-trick hehe) is stronger and makes more of a statement than the second half but there is the fun and energy that is emphasized in the second half which makes up for it.

Congratulations Moe on yet another success. We will see you behind the decks of a popular afterhour soon enough, I know it...just keep doint it like this and you will reach your destination brotha.

Congratulations to Star for the artwork which was an obvious success..i love the final result!

MT
nebu
Impressive Moe.

Glad you all like the artwork!
Wisnia
Listened to it a few times, after a few more times ill post a review.

ing good work tho i must say.

aria_clubber
quote:
Originally posted by nebu
Impressive Moe.

Glad you all like the artwork!

staaaaaaaaaaaarr :gsmile: the cd cover is sick !!

moe, i wish i had time to listen to ur set man !!! :whip: might listen to it today since im missing probably preach.
aria_clubber
just had a listen to it ...
its intimidating how good it is, the mixing is sooo good i was going nuts like a mofo, ur minimal style is appreciable, not tooo weird a la richiepumpingthemegamix style u know. bad side is that imo the set is not complete, there is tracks missing, true that 41 min is short to make a complete well structured set, next time make it longer plz ;) . the tracks flow perfectly like ur previous set.
congrats man, one day u'll be one of the best djs in the world.
cheers.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement