return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > FIFA World Cup 2006 - Germany

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Hilarious Commentator quotes
View this Thread in Original format
THE_Chris
Ok post things the commentators have said that were funny. Mention the situation, channel, country and the match.

ITV, England.

Germany v Italy, first half.

Nice bit of control by two German players taking a shot on goal.

Commentator - "Its good to see the two strikers playing with each other"
isoterra
haha, i heard that too :p

there was another moment from the same commentators in that match where he commented on how lenient the referee had been, and about a second later the first yellow card game out.. class

think my favourite quote of the tournament was gary linekar in one of the sweden matches.. "You know Ibrahimovic was once arrested for impersonating a police officer.. after this game he might get arrested for impersonating a footballer" :stongue:
King Ecnal
with our American programming, we get about 10 funny/stupid comments from commentators...

I heard "Michael Beckham" about two times in the span of 15 seconds during the England-Paraguay game....

And just the other day.... Rooney had a touch, and I heard; "Rooney, plays with Liverpool, they're known for their rough play, the scousers" - didn't even correct himself...

we don't get funny, we get screw-ups because we have MLS players old dudes commentating...
fastmp3
hahahahahahaha well rooney is a scouser (isn't he born there) ?
King Ecnal
yeah I know he's from Liverpool.... but this dude was specifically saying he plays his ball at Anfield...
Aristronica
Tommy Smyth on ESPN has a few, i can't think of a ton right now but some i remember are

"The poles have struck the pole twice"

something about "Like madonna at a concert"

i forget, he's pretty cool tho.
raveed
Its harrowing to keep hearing the american commentators refer to the came as soccer, it spoils the intensity of the occation... The Soccer World cup:rolleyes:

One of the commentators refered to Zidane as Zanadine Zidine during the spain game
Member of X
quote:
Originally posted by King Ecnal
yeah I know he's from Liverpool.... but this dude was specifically saying he plays his ball at Anfield...

I disagree, I remember that moment. He was just referring to him being born in Liverpool... which he was.

Wayne Mark Rooney (born 24 October 1985 in Liverpool)
King Ecnal
quote:
Originally posted by Member of X
I disagree, I remember that moment. He was just referring to him being born in Liverpool... which he was.

Wayne Mark Rooney (born 24 October 1985 in Liverpool)

no he said he "plays with Liverpool" - after referring to Ronaldo who plays at ManU...

I KNOW wayne is from liverpool... which is why it was shocking, cause he was saying he plays his club ball at LIVERPOOL FC...

MORE importantly, why you defending the horrific espn/abc commentating of Balboa, O'Brien, Stone and Dellacamera... I can't stand any of them... Dellacamera is probably the only one I can stand... all I ask is for Tommy Smyth to do every single game for espn and abc... is that too much to ask? lol...
tathi
someone on the BBC said something along the lines of:
"a 400 million dollar team needs to dive their way to the finals"
during the Aus vs Italy game :p

King Ecnal
I was googling the ty USA commentators and came across this posted on this blog:

quote:
O'Brien's description of Crouch: "He's tall, like a skyscraper..."

Someone please kill the guy.
Member of X
quote:
Originally posted by King Ecnal
no he said he "plays with Liverpool" - after referring to Ronaldo who plays at ManU...

I KNOW wayne is from liverpool... which is why it was shocking, cause he was saying he plays his club ball at LIVERPOOL FC...

MORE importantly, why you defending the horrific espn/abc commentating of Balboa, O'Brien, Stone and Dellacamera... I can't stand any of them... Dellacamera is probably the only one I can stand... all I ask is for Tommy Smyth to do every single game for espn and abc... is that too much to ask? lol...

Weird that's not how I remember what he said but I think he fumbled his words a little but Balboa knows that Rooney plays for Man U. Actually I'm not defending them, I think the U.S. commentators are terrible!!! I've been so used to having the English guys doing the games I watch it's irritating having to listen to 1998 U.S. world cup team rejects doing every game. John Harkes is another.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement