return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > FIFA World Cup 2006 - Germany

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Player of the tournament... Zinedine Zidane ?!
View this Thread in Original format
paranoik0
Latest news just in.

This is completely retarded fom FIFA. So first Cristiano Ronaldo loses his young player award due to "lack of fair play", then you give the fair play award to Spain and Brazil (!), then you give player of the tournament to a guy who got a red card for an aggression in the final!

I know he was fantastic against Brazil and Spain, and scored the decisive goal against Portugal, but .. FIFA could be a little bit more consistent with their own criteria.. especially when Cannavaro or Pirlo also fully deserved the award.
chesco
Disgraceful decision, but apparently voting for it closed at hald time so I think it can be forgiven.

Still I thought cannavaro was most deserving, he's been a rock throughout the whole tournament, whereas zidane only started playing from about the quarter finals.
InterMilan31
off Fifa for no Canna are you ed in the head still sucking Zizous coq eh :whip:

1 good game that is it Spain he was ok in.

also I guess group stage doesnt count any more he was so awful in those 2 matches
fastmp3
France captain Zidane polled 2012 points in the vote by journalists at half-time during Sunday's match.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foo...006/5154248.stm

it should have went to cannavaro
Arno F
If Zidane is a real player he gives the award to Cannavaro, it would restore something of his dignity. It would be even better if the Fifa decided to give it to Cannavaro
Paulie
No doubt cannavarro heads and shoulders above the rest.
jonze234
quote:
Originally posted by Paulie
No doubt cannavarro heads and shoulders above the rest.

a bit of a pun, huh? :p

i thought i read that FIFA was going to let the people vote after the game because they didn't want the player of the tournament to be decided through 63.5 games like last time. i guess that was a bunch of crap then.
RapidFire
I think he deserves it. despite what happened he brought some amazing football to this tournament and up until the incident none of you could dispute this decision.
paranoik0
quote:
Originally posted by RapidFire
I think he deserves it. despite what happened he brought some amazing football to this tournament and up until the incident none of you could dispute this decision.

i did.

he was crap in the group stage, and even got himself a one game suspension there (with France surprisingly playing better without him!), while Cannavaro and Pirlo were great since the first game.

Zidane was surely one of the candidates for 2 great games against Spain and Brazil, and for having scoring the penalty against us, but wasn't at all with a clear lead for the award.
RapidFire
quote:
Originally posted by paranoik0
i did.

he was crap in the group stage, and even got himself a one game suspension there (with France surprisingly playing better without him!), while Cannavaro and Pirlo were great since the first game.

Zidane was surely one of the candidates for 2 great games against Spain and Brazil, and for having scoring the penalty against us, but wasn't at all with a clear lead for the award.

because he lead his team to the finals and most likely would have lead them to victory had he not hulked out in over time.

Danny Ocean
he probably got it out of pity.
RapidFire
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Ocean
he probably got it out of pity.

that makes perfect sense!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement