return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Seatbelt
View this Thread in Original format
Jansa
Do you wear a seatbelt? Also in the backseat?

What are the laws in your country regarding this subject?
D-res
In Wisconsin you can get I believe a $15 (not sure, give or take) ticket for not wearing your seat belt. I, for one, always wear mine.
THE_Chris
Its a law here but never really enforced.

Tho I always wear one, force of habit I guess.
Nabistai
I always wear my seatbelt when I'm driving, but never when I'm sitting in the back seat or the passenger seat :nervous:
Orbax
"click it or ticket" here. 70 dollar fine.
Moral Hazard
I always wear a seatbelt.

As an insurance adjuster handling bodily injury claims I've seen far too many people killed or suffer extremely serious injuries due to not wearing a seatbelt to ever consider getting into a car without one.

Below is a photograph I took of a Chrysler Sebring that struck a tree...

There were four people in the vehicle. The gentleman in the rear left seating position was not wearing his seatbelt the other three were. The unrestrained passenger suffered fatal head injuries, the others suffered a broken patella (knee cap), broken tibia (shin), and broken radius (forearm). I don't know about you but I'd rather be on crutches for two months then dead. BTW, the deceased was 19 years old.

Please, wear your seatbelts.

As for the law question.... IN ONTARIO (Canada) - if the vehicle was manufactured with seatbelts then seatbelts must we utilized by all ocupents of the vehicle. Liability rests with the driver to ensure all ocupents under the age of 16 are belted and with the ocupents themselves if over the age of 16.
Azz3D
i know people who are too cool to wear a seatbelt
dumbasses
aquila
After rolling my car off a wet highway at high speed, I realised how well seatbelts hold you in position. I never ever drive without a seatbelt. Anyone who doesn't needs their head checked.

Besides, it's a $250 fine here and 6 demerit points off your licence.
Sunsnail
Yes, pretty much. I think I've not worn it maybe 5 times ever.
Slylee
hell yes i do. i can't even tell you how many accidents i drive by living in south florida. during the week, most of my driving is done on a very busy highway where everyone is going 50mph +.

i'm so used to the feeling of it on me now, i dont even think twice about putting it on.

and i really hope no one posts some bull about how a seatbelt can kill you....:rolleyes:

Moral Hazard
quote:
Originally posted by Slylee
and i really hope no one posts some bull about how a seatbelt can kill you....:rolleyes:

I've had claims where that has happened as well. Normally these are extremely high speed impacts where the forces involved are sufficient to cause extensive internal injuries along the seat belt lines. The only one of these I have currently was a head on collision between two vehicles, one travelling *looking up engineer report* 89 KM/h and the other travelling 136 KM/h. It should be noted, however, had the deceased party not been belted he would have been thrown into or likely through the windsheild suffering massive head trauma, which likely would have resulted in his death (conclusion of the bio-mechanical analysis provided by engineer).
Ivand
There is a law here, but it never gets enforced, unless you are in one of those days when everything goes wrong, then it will be enforced, but you can easily bribe a cop for like, 3 to 6 usd
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement