return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Best excuse for throwing a sickie?
View this Thread in Original format
Dj O'Callaghan
What's your best sickie for not turning up at work or college etc? Or for turning up and suddenely going home?

My best one was I'd been on holiday for two weeks, the last night I went out for a meal with some friends what was supposed to be a couple of drinks with dinner ended up being about 12 pints.

I got up the next day feeling rough but I was determined to go in, once I arrived in the office I was introduced to some new people who would be working for me, as I spoke to them I continued to feel worse by the minute until I threw up in my bin in front of the whole office.

A couple of senior colleagues started ranting on how I stank of alcohol, so a meeting of reckoning came up with my Director - knowing that she loves her food I made up a story about how I'd eaten Wild Mushroom stroganoff for dinner and got cep poisoning, her face of rage went to a face of sympathy and I got given a week off! :stongue:

Another one which bares to mind was an old colleague of mine who was constantly off work, he pulled the best sicky ever and made up the story he was getting petrol on the way to work and the station got held up by a gunman and he was too destressed to come into work. Classic!
Mr.Mystery
A person I work with once left home in the middle of the nightshift because his wrist hurt. Another one left and just said "I'm tired, I'm going home" from the door.

Yeah, we've got a lot of motivated people working here...
RapidFire
Chronic diarrhea. no questions asked.
D-res
im generally told that if the excuse isnt a good one that i'll get marked absent and lose points if it continues (some college course that is)

anyway i usually just email the professor an hour or two before class and tell him/her that some somewhat disturbing things have happened overnight and i need to tend to some problems so i wont be making it to class. generally no questions are asked. if there are I say i'd rather not discuss them and i dont get any static.

i try not to use this excuse more than once on any given professor.

i had a class on friday mornings and the professor was cool so i've emailed him a couple times telling him that I over did it a bit on 'thirsty thursday' and was too hungover to come in. never had a problem with that one. :p
Ian
quote:
Originally posted by RapidFire

best excuse ever. nobody dares challenge it
Mr.Mystery
Back pains are good too since there's no way you can accurately examine them.
Ry Diggs
just tell them you're "coming out at both ends"

the world will understand
RapidFire
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

got me out of many a test ;)
Dj O'Callaghan
quote:

Nice one! That's a very orginal one that would work well.

Hangovers are the worst one's for me, because I have a reputation for going out boozing etc taking my team for pub lunches and returning 2 hours late, coming into work drunk.

A mate of mine kept off work for about two weeks, truth of the matter he'd booked a holiday for a week he lied to his boss faked an illness got a doctors note. A week later with a few friends walking through the terminal of Birmingham airport go's into the pub there low and behold on a table across from them, his boss is sitting there tucking into a fry up with his wife and kids going on their annual trip to Spain!
KilldaDJ
yeah say u got the runs, its just something u dont dare challenge

lacksesepsotygh
quote:

i can go to work with it. usually i'm fine, but it might be a bitch from time to time.
DarkAngel
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Sounds like a winner.

Food poisoning was also my favorite.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement