return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Deep conversations
View this Thread in Original format
jdat
I am in dire need of deep and thoughtful conversation.

Are any of you up for the task or perhaps my request is futile and this thread is destined for failure?!

Allied Nations
lol
Orbax

OMG WASNT THAT DOT CLEVER ahahahahahaha oh man IT NEVER GETS ING OLD YOU MORONS
Lira
Would you like to pick a topic? Or can we pick it?
fitom tiel
Let's discuss the mind-body relationship.
Orbax?
pvdAngel
Sure.

But only for the next 20 or so minutes and then I'm going to sleep. (1.25 am here) :p
Orbax
if knowledge is power, and power corrupts, and crime doesnt pay, if you keep reading will you go broke?

also here is something random I wrote years ago...i have no idea why:

dude you must live on Pn30brius II the planet that orbits a sun that was just flung out from a collision of galaxies like the MICE GALAXIES . A time traveller (because what is a space traveller other than one going through space faster than light and in effect going through time. Even someone with a telescope powerful enough to capture rays of light from the beginning of time would still be, in essence a time traveller) that came to your planet would at first think it inhabited primarily by pre-erect quad/bipedals.

They would become confused at the lack of a protruding brow, non-callused knuckles, and Apple IIs stashed under heaps of dot matrix printing.

Theyd look around in wonder and realize those verdant rope tangles strung between the forest of off kilter trees were POWER lines.

a look of awed confusion/hilarity would pass between the oberservers as they attempted to make contact with these beings. They would find them polite, semi-affable, and have a half-glazed look of confusion stamped permanently on their faces.

As time went on the explorers would realize that, even though these people had the veneer of civilization coating them; it was drippy, lumpy, and look as if it had been smeared on by some uncaring God.

They would be invited into their 1 story ramblers, it would be messy, but not enough to comment on later, the kind of messiness that you dont even notice, but in the end you realize you dont respect the person as much as you could.

Theyd be shown into the den, the color brown would dominate. There would be antique furniture used as regular use items...not the nice kind. The kind that has bone white patches looking for all the world like little bits of bleached bone where the lacquer has worn off...probably from the continual rubs and bumps that rubbed through the coating off in the first place.

The owner would then proudly boot up his "computer" and talk of small, inconsequential things. Hed laugh deprecatingly as the computer whirred and clicked to a greyscale image comprised mostly of pixels. Pixels spaced so far apart that anyone watching actually KNEW they were getting SHOT by an electron GUN.

Questions would roll endlessly around in their minds like some hideous mutation of a perpetual motion machine.

"how did they figure out what hole to stick it it?"

"How the hell can a fruit be a computer?"

Yes...these people were still using Apples. All of them.

The explorers were now intruders. How were they to keep their twisted lips, their lowered brows and squinted eyes from showing their disdain at this... 'Hippy'

Desperately they would ask to see the rest of the house

"no problem!" the owner would say in an all too loud voice, "I just want to show you something ive been working on!"

A cold sweat popped out of their eyeballs as intensity rays shot from their mouths. They attempted social telepathy:

"shut up hippy, show us your damn house and let us out of here"

they thought over and over again screwing their eyes shut in concentration. The Apple User had already spun around, however, using his massively over-developed skull plating to shield their "logic" (as the bones typically jokingly called it as they reflected all original thought late at night. 'what are they gonna tell us next? Inhaling smoke routinely s you all up?' and then they would laugh and laugh all the while accidently chafing the cerebral cortex which was slowly but surely taking away their abaility to resist intense emotions, crying, and ice cream.) beams.

They both flinched in terror at the ominous gong sound that emanated from the dusty 'machine'. They envisioned pre-historic cults of hominids through handfuls of poinsonous fungus into fires and dancing frantically as their hair covered cohorts dropped due to their "lack of will"

Each generation became progessively more retarded ergo...the Apple User.

Upon booting a slew of confused icons would pop up, with a freakish EEP noising startling both the user and the interlopers at every peep.

Finally he would show them his "work" after navigating through endless coils of drop down menus.

It was a letter. Written to an online community.

These idiots had invented internet.

"we call it 'unnnn yeahhhh, trannncceee BIZZZLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEE!' although we are looking into getting a new name"

As their eyes read furiously over the 'post' skipping most paragraphs, but then catching an interesting reference and skipping quickly back to the just-skipped literature they began to tremble.

"yeah..." the man drawled while popping open a beer, "Ill finish it in a hundred years or so.."

the skeptical raising of eyebrows made the home owner laugh out loud.

"HA HA! is this confusing for you? I can see grey hairs on your head how old are you good sir if you dont mind me asking"

'we are brothers, aged 40 and 43'

his raucous laughter shocked them, and they got that tingly, empty feeling when the embarassment of a situation becomes nearly unbearable and you have no reaction to the insanity of the situation.

"Sirs, you come here in your pods ejected from interstellar ships and you tell me that you STILL die of old age?!"

he then slammed his head back, drained the bottle, and quickly opened another.

"Im sure you have similar stories on your planet of 'oldest living (whatever you call yourselves) drinks 1 glass of wine a night!' well...we took that to the obvious next step:

ing sea turtles. Yes sir, I have one in my well right now. You see," the man leaned back and stretched while enjoying another brew," we Haploidians have learned to live without WOMEN or WORK or any of that . Copulate with a turtle every couple of weeks and you can drink what you want, eat what you want, and youll probably lived forever. We havent tested that one out yet because it hasnt been forever!"

He paused here to choke on his beer as he was immensely amused by his own joke.
pvdAngel
quote:
Originally posted by Orbax
if knowledge is power, and power corrupts, and crime doesnt pay, if you keep reading will you go broke?

also here is something random I wrote years ago...i have no idea why:

dude you must live on Pn30brius II the planet that orbits a sun that was just flung out from a collision of galaxies like the MICE GALAXIES . A time traveller (because what is a space traveller other than one going through space faster than light and in effect going through time. Even someone with a telescope powerful enough to capture rays of light from the beginning of time would still be, in essence a time traveller) that came to your planet would at first think it inhabited primarily by pre-erect quad/bipedals.

They would become confused at the lack of a protruding brow, non-callused knuckles, and Apple IIs stashed under heaps of dot matrix printing.

Theyd look around in wonder and realize those verdant rope tangles strung between the forest of off kilter trees were POWER lines.

a look of awed confusion/hilarity would pass between the oberservers as they attempted to make contact with these beings. They would find them polite, semi-affable, and have a half-glazed look of confusion stamped permanently on their faces.

As time went on the explorers would realize that, even though these people had the veneer of civilization coating them; it was drippy, lumpy, and look as if it had been smeared on by some uncaring God.

They would be invited into their 1 story ramblers, it would be messy, but not enough to comment on later, the kind of messiness that you dont even notice, but in the end you realize you dont respect the person as much as you could.

Theyd be shown into the den, the color brown would dominate. There would be antique furniture used as regular use items...not the nice kind. The kind that has bone white patches looking for all the world like little bits of bleached bone where the lacquer has worn off...probably from the continual rubs and bumps that rubbed through the coating off in the first place.

The owner would then proudly boot up his "computer" and talk of small, inconsequential things. Hed laugh deprecatingly as the computer whirred and clicked to a greyscale image comprised mostly of pixels. Pixels spaced so far apart that anyone watching actually KNEW they were getting SHOT by an electron GUN.

Questions would roll endlessly around in their minds like some hideous mutation of a perpetual motion machine.

"how did they figure out what hole to stick it it?"

"How the hell can a fruit be a computer?"

Yes...these people were still using Apples. All of them.

The explorers were now intruders. How were they to keep their twisted lips, their lowered brows and squinted eyes from showing their disdain at this... 'Hippy'

Desperately they would ask to see the rest of the house

"no problem!" the owner would say in an all too loud voice, "I just want to show you something ive been working on!"

A cold sweat popped out of their eyeballs as intensity rays shot from their mouths. They attempted social telepathy:

"shut up hippy, show us your damn house and let us out of here"

they thought over and over again screwing their eyes shut in concentration. The Apple User had already spun around, however, using his massively over-developed skull plating to shield their "logic" (as the bones typically jokingly called it as they reflected all original thought late at night. 'what are they gonna tell us next? Inhaling smoke routinely s you all up?' and then they would laugh and laugh all the while accidently chafing the cerebral cortex which was slowly but surely taking away their abaility to resist intense emotions, crying, and ice cream.) beams.

They both flinched in terror at the ominous gong sound that emanated from the dusty 'machine'. They envisioned pre-historic cults of hominids through handfuls of poinsonous fungus into fires and dancing frantically as their hair covered cohorts dropped due to their "lack of will"

Each generation became progessively more retarded ergo...the Apple User.

Upon booting a slew of confused icons would pop up, with a freakish EEP noising startling both the user and the interlopers at every peep.

Finally he would show them his "work" after navigating through endless coils of drop down menus.

It was a letter. Written to an online community.

These idiots had invented internet.

"we call it 'unnnn yeahhhh, trannncceee BIZZZLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEE!' although we are looking into getting a new name"

As their eyes read furiously over the 'post' skipping most paragraphs, but then catching an interesting reference and skipping quickly back to the just-skipped literature they began to tremble.

"yeah..." the man drawled while popping open a beer, "Ill finish it in a hundred years or so.."

the skeptical raising of eyebrows made the home owner laugh out loud.

"HA HA! is this confusing for you? I can see grey hairs on your head how old are you good sir if you dont mind me asking"

'we are brothers, aged 40 and 43'

his raucous laughter shocked them, and they got that tingly, empty feeling when the embarassment of a situation becomes nearly unbearable and you have no reaction to the insanity of the situation.

"Sirs, you come here in your pods ejected from interstellar ships and you tell me that you STILL die of old age?!"

he then slammed his head back, drained the bottle, and quickly opened another.

"Im sure you have similar stories on your planet of 'oldest living (whatever you call yourselves) drinks 1 glass of wine a night!' well...we took that to the obvious next step:

ing sea turtles. Yes sir, I have one in my well right now. You see," the man leaned back and stretched while enjoying another brew," we Haploidians have learned to live without WOMEN or WORK or any of that . Copulate with a turtle every couple of weeks and you can drink what you want, eat what you want, and youll probably lived forever. We havent tested that one out yet because it hasnt been forever!"

He paused here to choke on his beer as he was immensely amused by his own joke.

A bit deep and bizarre for me to take in just now.

If I read it again the next day, it'll prolly make sense...
Orbax
probably not hehe. I think I was drunk due to the intense over use of quoted "words"
Ivand
Want a deep conversation?

Lira, would you pls translate this?

http://iolivero.blogspot.com/2006/02/no-es-racismo.html

jdat
quote:
Originally posted by Lira
Would you like to pick a topic? Or can we pick it?

you pick :p
Demoted
quote:
Originally posted by jdat

:happy2:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement