return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 
No more
View this Thread in Original format
Events@Spec
Well, I've decided to stop DJing for the reason of my ears. I cant beatmatch anything anymore because i can't hear it in my MDR-V700's, if I turn it up past a certian level where i can actually hear it. My ears start to hurt, extremley bad. If it's hurting It means I already lost some hearing, and i'm still continuing to loose it.

I'll always listen to EDM, but i've taken some precautions now so I can't turn the amp up for my headphones. I also just bought some ER-20's that i'll be using probably on a daily basis.

Anyways, if it heals, I might come back to DJing, but for now, hearing is priceless.
starboy
Hopefully everything will get back to normal for you, im thinking it will.. iether way, good luck.
stan229
maybe you should check out a hearing doctor?
DFOP04
quote:
Originally posted by Events@Spec
Well, I've decided to stop DJing for the reason of my ears. I cant beatmatch anything anymore because i can't hear it in my MDR-V700's, if I turn it up past a certian level where i can actually hear it. My ears start to hurt, extremley bad. If it's hurting It means I already lost some hearing, and i'm still continuing to loose it.

I'll always listen to EDM, but i've taken some precautions now so I can't turn the amp up for my headphones. I also just bought some ER-20's that i'll be using probably on a daily basis.

Anyways, if it heals, I might come back to DJing, but for now, hearing is priceless.

mate i have exactly the same problem, although if i keep the volume low it doesnt hurt, so im not packing it in, but yeh i bought the er20's a few months back, and i wont go to a club without them, specially with my ears in the condition they are!!

dfop
Abhay
quote:
Originally posted by Events@Spec

can i have ur stuff?
Rebel Brown
Dibs on green laser pen. ;)
chris harrington
That sucks mate. Hope it all works out for you.
DarkFall01
Threads/comments like these are exactly the reason why I started listening to music at a lower volume and also why I got ER20's. I don't go to any clubs/concerts without them anymore.

Good luck, I hope you're hearing improves. Why don't you try a doctor to make sure?
Events@Spec
quote:
Originally posted by DarkFall01
Threads/comments like these are exactly the reason why I started listening to music at a lower volume and also why I got ER20's. I don't go to any clubs/concerts without them anymore.

Good luck, I hope you're hearing improves. Why don't you try a doctor to make sure?

Yeah I'll be scheduling an appointment with an audiologist(sp?) soon.
Events@Spec
quote:
Originally posted by Rebel Brown
Dibs on green laser pen. ;)

If you have a RGY scanner above 80mW when combined to yellow i'll trade you :stongue:

Mines a 95mW nexus outputting 110mW with one of their dragon cases.

miamitranceman
I just purchased some clear ER20s...I figure if I'm gonna get used to them might as well do it when I'm just starting off.
blacknoizybox
can somebody please explain what is the purpose of these ER-15/20 everyone's been talking about?? :wtf:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement