return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Austism/Asperger's/Savant Syndrome
View this Thread in Original format
prolikewhoa
i'm reading this book right now called Born on a Blue Day about an autistic savant. it's actually his autobiography. his name is Daniel Tammet, and he's actually able to describe how he thinks and how his brain works. Asperger's is a less severe form of autism where people are usually able to be somewhat independent and socially integrate. i'm on chapter 6 and it is fascinating. this guy set a record for most memorized digits of pi...he got up to 20,000! what do y'all think about things like this? do you think that if you have superior intelligence in one area you lack in another (like social skills, for instance?) talk amongst yaselves.
Sunsnail
20k? Not impressed.

quote:
Akira Haraguchi, 59, managed to recite the number's first 83,431 decimal places, almost doubling the previous record held by another Japanese.
prolikewhoa
quote:
in 2004, he memorized and recited more than 22,000 digits of pi, setting a record.
Sunsnail
:conf: Why does that change anything?
prolikewhoa
quote:
Originally posted by Sunsnail
:conf: Why does that change anything?

because he set the record awhile ago. of course it's been broken now. it's still amazing. YOU couldn't memorize even 1000 digits of pi. and anyway, the fact that someone broke the record really has nothing to do with my thread now does it?
Marc Summers
quote:
Originally posted by Sunsnail
20k? Not impressed.

he's asian, he's already good with numbers
Sunsnail
quote:
Originally posted by prolikewhoa
YOU couldn't memorize even 1000 digits of pi.

Is that a dare!?
chach
lol autism
pkcRAISTLIN
i saw a story on musical savants which was awesome. 8yo kids that could play anything perfectly that they had heard previously, no matter how complicated.
XoxidE
Ass burgers?

igottaknow
can he suck his own dick?
chach
quote:
Originally posted by XoxidE
Ass burgers?

:stongue:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Privacy Statement