return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Drinking sucks once you're out of highschool :/
View this Thread in Original format
Taranis
I don't know why I used to enjoy getting drunk in highschool so much. Been drinking the last two weeks in a row and both times, as soon as I'm drunk, I just think 'wtf am I even doing this.' I mean sure being tipsy is fun and all, but soon you're tripping over and saying and doing stuff you'll later regret, then you're going to the bathroom to piss every ten minutes, then you feel like throwing up, then you do throw up, maybe, and you start sobering up and look back at it and think 'that was ing dumb' and get pissed off at yourself. I'm going to wake up tommorrow with a dry, sore throat, be late for Uni, have a bitch of a headache and regret having even touched alcohol tonight. And unless most intoxicant-related regrets it's not going to seem like a good idea after all once the hangover goes away.

I'm not even able to legally buy alcohol yet and already I'm sick of it :|

Is this what growing up and becoming mature is? It sucks.
Agent0
quote:
Originally posted by Taranis
Been drinking the last two weeks in a row

no need to go further than that. thats your problem right there.
Taranis
quote:
Originally posted by Agent0
no need to go further than that. thats your problem right there.

Well, once per week for the last two weeks. Not every night :p I'm not that crazy.

But back in highschool I'd get trashed on the weekend and by tuesday I'd be excited about getting trashed on the next weekend. Now I don't even care.

And I mean I didn't even drink that much in HS. There where phases where I'd do it a couple weekends in a row, but on the whole I drank a lot less than most of the people I was with.
kr00t0n
Drinking to the point is drinking too much.

Anytime I do anything to the point of throwing up, that instance is a write-off.

Drink less, laugh it up with your mates.
Marc Summers
quote:
Originally posted by kr00t0n

Anytime I do anything to the point of throwing up, that instance is a write-off.

I haven't thrown up from drinking in a while, that's lame. But I do drink til the point that I am sloshed, that's just good times.
KiNeTiC ENeRgY
easy fix with the depression, just switch to another drug like crack....it will become exciting again like it was to get drunk every weekend, then when that gets boring, you can then try yet another...maybe go for acid trips...psychedelics are always fun =)
Taranis
quote:
Originally posted by kr00t0n

But even before I've reached the 'pissing every 10 minutes stage' I'm already thinking 'this is lame, why am I doing it?'

Meh, it's weird, alcohol used to get me excited and happy, now it seems to have the totally opposite effect.
idoru
quote:
Originally posted by Taranis
I don't know why I used to enjoy getting drunk in highschool so much.

Because in high school nobody wanted you to do it and it was taboo. I'm still a minor in terms of I can't legally purchase alcohol, but my parents don't care if I drink so long as I don't drive. However two years ago when I was in high school they would've chewed my head off for it.

I think the whole thing was more interesting for you because it was something you weren't supposed to be doing. Now that you can get away with it it's not as fun for you.
tubularbills
are you kidding me? i love getting drunk / drinking!! and i've been out of high school for 6 years!
tranceDJ
quote:
Originally posted by idoru
Because in high school nobody wanted you to do it and it was taboo. I'm still a minor in terms of I can't legally purchase alcohol, but my parents don't care if I drink so long as I don't drive. However two years ago when I was in high school they would've chewed my head off for it.

I think the whole thing was more interesting for you because it was something you weren't supposed to be doing. Now that you can get away with it it's not as fun for you.

Which is why I'm sure countries like Germany with a lower drinking age (16) probably have lower alcoholism rates than in countries like the US. I've also heard that in Holland where weed is legal there are actually less kids that have tried it than in the US where is illegal. It's all the thrill of getting caught and doing something that your parents/government doesn't want you to do.

DJ_Eternal
It's like forbidden fruit when your below the legal age, so carries a little more attraction. As soon as i hit 18, my drinking subsided substantially.

I'd never get sloshed now, I like to find a nice balance between sober and hammered, where I'm having a good time and still manage to remember it.
Esiotrat
quote:
Originally posted by idoru

Very true...nothing tastes sweeter than teh forbidden. :D
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Privacy Statement