return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Judging books by their covers
View this Thread in Original format
Lira
What's the coolest book cover you've ever seen? What kind of book cover do you like?

There's a particular series of books that I really like, here in Brazil. Their cover is very simple (the cover is all red, with a black-and-white picture, a quote and the book title in black), but its red is so bright that you can spot it among thousands of other books:

Also, last week I almost bought Feyerabend's "Against Method" because of its cover...

I guess I like red, black and white :D
jupiterone
I love simple book covers.
Ian

does exactly what it says on the tin
Omega_M
If there are several books on the shelf, I tend to choose a book with an uncluttered minimalist front cover. Better still if it has a black background color . Then I read the content and decide whether it's worth checking out from the library.
LoveHate
inconspicuous
quote:
Originally posted by Lira
Judging books by their covers

fixed. :mad:
Lira
quote:
Originally posted by inconspicuous
fixed. :mad:

Oh, thanks :)
Halcyon+On+On

That guy's eyes can just tell you he works for a livin'.
d-miurge

René Char is the best poet of the 20th century.

Edit for Lira: read "L’Śil et l’esprit"/"Eye & Mind" (Merleau-Ponty) if you can. You're the kind of person who will love this book.
Subey
quote:
Originally posted by d-miurge

René Char is the best poet of the 20th century.

And up till now I thought I was :whip:

Omega_M
This is not the thread to whore your favorite books. Do you not get it ?
d-miurge
quote:
Originally posted by Omega_M
This is not the thread to whore your favorite books. Do you not get it ?

This is related. I love the book, so the cover speaks more to me. For René Char I like his sight in the pic, and I like the artwork made with it.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement