return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
i cried today... a lot. ...no homo
View this Thread in Original format
wizniz
I went home this weekend with a few specific purposes in mind:
to visit with friends and family
to get ed up with said friends
to enjoy free food
to visit my dad's best friend who is on his deathbed

guess which of these got to me?

since i had last seen mike before leaving for college, i knew that he had a mental disease, but it was only affecting him in little ways. he had been having trouble with his vision and was acting a little more ditzy than usual.

apparently, since ive been at college for a month, his condition has worsened to the point that the man i saw today wasnt the mike that i knew. he was in hospice care at his house and has been for some time. were it not for the random muscle spasms, his silence and partially closed eyes might lead me to believe that he was sleeping.

his wife, my dad, myself and a few others were there and everyone seemed to be used to seeing him like this. i wasnt...
after my dad let me know it was time to go i didnt know what to do so i just put my hand on his and said "goodbye, mike" and broke into tears the second i left the room. this guy was a second father to me...

death has never affected me like this before... and i feel horrible for my dad too because hes been depressed for some time now and i dont know how to console him.

how does one cope with such a loss?

core version: i wrote a post on TA in hopes that itd be theraputic.

-will

edit: the other purposes went well too hehe
nchs09
:(
Ygrene
Time heals all. I'm still not over my mother's death (lil over 2 years) but it's getting easier to cope with it. Crying does help, I don't care what anyone says.

Best wishes to you.
MeLLyMeL
that is so sad.

I cried alot my first time going home since I've moved to New York.

But it was only because I freaking missed home. Couldn't imagine what you are going through.

much love!!!
nchs09
quote:
Originally posted by MeLLyMeL
that is so sad.

I cried alot my first time going home since I've moved to New York.

But it was only because I freaking missed home. Couldn't imagine what you are going through.

much love!!!
why do you still live in new york if you do not like it?
wizniz
im gonna hit up some college buddies and smoke in a bit... gradual return to normalcy... ironically obtained via mind altering drugs... pandas.

i appreciate the replies so far
nchs09
quote:
Originally posted by wizniz
im gonna hit up some college buddies and smoke in a bit... gradual return to normalcy... ironically obtained via mind altering drugs... pandas.

i appreciate the replies so far
do not smoke pandas plz.
Ghost Raver
Sorry to hear that :( Yeah, give yourself time, it often takes a while before it gets easier, some things can even make you cry after a good amount of years, but it's easier to live with by then.
I haven't been in very many situations (yet) like that, some little things every here and there and sometimes everything just starts making me tired, crazy and sad until I start crying, and it usually helps. If you feel like crying, do so and give it time, that's all I do when anything like that happens.

The last time something "bigger" happened to me, and made me cry, was when a guy I knew died. He lived in the same house with my cousin for a long long time, was a funny guy who we all loved to talk with and throw jokes at each other. Then he went shopping to the nearest city/village of some kind that is about 20 kilometers away from that place, got an internal bleeding in his head and crashed the car. The crash itself didn't do any damage, but the bleeding was so bad that the doctors couldn't really do much about it. It made me cry for a couple of nights but then it got easier.
MeLLyMeL
quote:
Originally posted by nchs09
why do you still live in new york if you do not like it?

I'm starting to get used to it.

It's growing on me. I was super spoiled at home.

It's freaking tough living on ur own but my job is filled with great ppl. So I am happier now then I was 3 months ago.

I do miss cuban food though

/cries
Nrg2Nfinit
quote:
Originally posted by wizniz
I went home this weekend with a few specific purposes in mind:
to visit with friends and family
to get ed up with said friends
to enjoy free food
to visit my dad's best friend who is on his deathbed

guess which of these got to me?

quote:
to enjoy free food

i thought you would choose this one off the bat because usually free food is free for a reason.

on a more serious note. Im sorry about your loss. Being with friends and family is the best you can do at a moment like this.

We're here for you too man. I got alot of websites to cheer you up

try this one

www.homestarrunner.com

watch the teen girl squad

Spacey Orange
the free food?
chach
yes homo ?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement