return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Oh SHITTTTTT....someone Please Help Me....i Think I Screwed Myself Big Time !!!!!!!!1
View this Thread in Original format
tiesto14
HOLY !!!!!!

ok check this out....i had to take some LIVE SETS off my hard-drive to make room for more right.....

so i burned over 60 LIVE SETS onto a bunch of CDs as DATA right....

soooooooooo today i went to go burn 1 of those live sets right...and when i LOADED it into NERO it only showed the "DURATION"/"TIME" to be a 01:46...a freaken minute and 46 seconds...what the .,,.,.the set is over 126 minutes long....

so i took that same set and looked at it in WINAMP right..and WHAT THE HELL...it played for 126 minutes...i was able to scan through the whole set and every part was there where it was supposed to be....

so i figured OK, maybe just this "1" set was messed up and i could deal with it...BUUUUTTTTTT EVERY FREAKEN SET IS LIKE THIS...they all show in NERO when i am going to burn them or play with them in NERO WAVE EDITOR to be like only a minute or two long when they are very long live sets...

BUT the wird thing is in WINAMP they play the FULL LENGTH...EVERYONE..AND..another WEIRD thing is the "MB" are the same...

FOR EXAMPLE....ok i have this Ferry set that is like 140MB and is around 100 minutes long....i load it into WINAMP and its FULL VERSION...i load it into NERO and its 01:30 long...

how can his happen...the "MBs" are the same, plays in WINAMP the same but when i go and burn them they are RUINED.,...

SOMEONE PLEASE tell me this can be fixed...we are NOT talking about 2 or 3 sets here...we are talking about over 60 live sets that i have downloaded on a ING 56k DIAL UP MODEM...yes on a 56K....WHAT DO I DO.....this HAS TO BE FIXED>....

i will lose the following sets if this cant be fixed:

Armin van Buuren - Live at Club EAU – Amsterdam 03.18.00
Armin van Buuren - Live at Dance Department. 01.20.01
Armin van Buuren - Live at Godskitchen Carnival -Newcastle03.09.02
Armin van Buuren - Live at ID&T Radio - The Netherlands 06.15.01
Armin van Buuren - Live at Labyrinth 2001 - Helsinki, Finland
Armin van Buuren - Live at Scanners - Dordrecht, Holland 10.27.01
Blank & Jones - Live at Dance Department 08.26.00
Blank & Jones - Live at In The Mix - 02.01
Blank & Jones - Live at Mayday - Dortmund, Germany 04.30.00
Blank & Jones - Live at Mayday - Dortmund, Germany 05.01.01
Blank & Jones - Live at Nature One - Kastellaun Germany 08.03.01
Blank & Jones - Live at Trance Energy - 02.16.02
Cor Fijneman - Live at Samfunnshuset 02.03.01
Cor Fijneman - Live at Slam FM - 04.19.01
Cosmic Gate - Live at Trance Energy - 02.16.02
DJ Astrid - Live at Club EAU - Amsterdam 09.20.01
DJ Astrid - Live at Trance Energy - 09.30.00
DJ Matrix - Overdose Mix
DJ Sakin - Live at Goliath 6 - 1999
DJ Snowman - Goliath vs Evolution 2000
DJ Snowman - Live at Evolution - Lausanne, Switzerland 05.23.01
DJ Talla 2XLC - Live at Kinki Palace - 12.25.01
DJ Talla 2XLC - Live at SSL Technoclub - 02.23.01
Ferry Corsten - Live at Hyperstate 2000
Ferry Corsten - Live at Trance Energy - 04.30.00
Ferry Cortsen - Live at Festudvalget - 06.27.01
Johan Gielen - Gorgeous DK - Academy of Trance
Johan Gielen - In Trance We Trust 004
Johan Gielen - Live at Club EAU - Amsterdam 01.14.01
Johan Gielen - Live at Club EAU - Amsterdam 03.30.01
Johan Gielen - Live at Dance Department - 09.02.00
Johan Gielen - Live at Dance Department 10.21.00
Johan Gielen - Live at Dance Room - 03.02.02
Johan Gielen - Live at Mega Music Dance Experience 12.15.01
Johan Gielen - Live at Radio 3FM - 02.01.01
Johan Gielen - Live at Trance Energy - 10.20.01
Johan Gielen & Safri Duo – Live at Trance Energy – 02.17.001
Johan Gielen - Live at Trance Energy - 02.16.02
Marco V - Live at Innercity - Amsterdam 12.29.01
Marco V - Live at Sensation - Amsterdam 07.07.01
Marco V - Live at Trance Energy - 04.30.00
Mauro Picotto - Live at Dance Department 03.11.00
Mauro Picotto - Live at Innercity Amsterdam 12.29.01
Mauro Picotto - Live at Mayday - 04.30.01
Mauro Picotto - Live at Qlimax - 06.02.01
Mauro Picotto - Live at Trance Energy - 02.17.01
Paul van Dyk - Live at Gatecrasher NEC - 04.13.02
Rank 1 - Live at Incasa Leiden - 10.27.00
Rank 1 - Live at Sensation - Amsterdam 07.07.01
Rank 1 - Live at Slam FM - 03.15.01
Rank 1 - Live at Trance Energy - 09.30.00
Rank 1 - Live at Trance Energy - 02.16.02
Rank 1 - Symsonic
DJ Tiesto - Live at Mega Music Dance from Gatecrasher 12.16.00
DJ Tiesto - Live at Millenium Dome NYE - 01.01.02
DJ Tiesto - Live at Ministry of Sound 09.02.01
DJ Tiesto - Live at Mysteryland - 1999
DJ Tiesto - Live at New Castle, 04.08.01
DJ Tiesto - Live at Qontact - 04.30.01
DJ Tiesto - Live at Samfundt Trondheim
DJ Tiesto - Live at Sensation - Amsterdam Arena 01.07.00
DJ Tiesto - Live at The Zoom - Tel Aviv, Israel 08.26.00
DJ Tiesto - Live at Trance Energy 12.31.99
DJ Tiesto - Live at Wintergalatic - 04.04.00
DJ Tiesto - Lost Treasures 1 - Isle of Ra
The Master
When a file is corrupt Nero only shows the first part of the file that isn't corrupt. Maybe most of the sets are corrupt so if you try compressing each one of them Nero will detect them as a new Zip file that isn't corrupt. Try that if it's just a backup.
tiesto14
quote:
Originally posted by The Master
When a file is corrupt Nero only shows the first part of the file that isn't corrupt. Maybe most of the sets are corrupt so if you try compressing each one of them Nero will detect them as a new Zip file that isn't corrupt. Try that if it's just a backup.

tahts the thing...these are NOT backups anymore...i never had a chance to burn them so i dont have them on CD and i deleted them off my harddrive..so the ONLY copies i have are the ones that are showing to be messed up...

i didnt understand what u said about compressing them and zip file...can u explain better please...thanks:(
The Master
You had to compress them before burning but if you have already, then you posses problems. But there's one thing I don't understand, the only copies you have now are on cd's or in your hard disk?
gibbo
if u've burned the sets as data and winamp can still play them then it may be a problem that neo has reading them in which case try another piece of recording software i've used feurio for some stuff and that works ok see if that will read the files. or a much more tedious way to do it if u cant get that to work would be if u can get them to play from winamp record the internal wave output back to the harddrive with wave recording software whcih will be tedious with 60 sets but should work if u have a sound card capable of recording internal wave output.
DJ Chrono
It would take awhile, but load each track into a wave editor, like Sound Forge, and resave it. It should make a new wav file of it, and it should be fine. If you want to burn them as mp3s, just go and convert the new wav file.
sothis
yea, what chrono said... ive had that problem before, where it shows up as not many minutes

i think nero also has issues with the fact that lots of those livesets are over 80 minutes.. it cant handle that so it s up how long its supposed to be. often i take soundforge, split em in half myself, and then each half burns just fine
Devbert
Sounds like a Nero problem with burning long ass livesets. I recommend downloading a program like Cool MP3 Splitter, breaking them up into (2) equal 70 minute parts or whatever, and try loading those seperately. See if that makes a difference.
StereoPrincess
How were you planning to burn 126 min onto a CD anyway??
Swamper
Uhm... Why would it matter what Nero reports the length of the CD as being? Who cares? If the data is all there as you claim and it plays in Winamp without a problem then obviously there is no data corruption - hence, no problem.

tiesto14
quote:
Originally posted by Swamper
Uhm... Why would it matter what Nero reports the length of the CD as being? Who cares? If the data is all there as you claim and it plays in Winamp without a problem then obviously there is no data corruption - hence, no problem.

well that sounds true...BUT....i cut up my live sets with NERO...so when i load it in to cut it up i am only able to view like 1 to 2 minutes on the waveform...so i cant put the splits/tracks anywhere unless i wanna jus split the first 2 minutes...know what i mean....

i dunno i think i am screwed..,.i tryed conveerting them to wav and that didnt do anything either....it wont even lemme convert them....:( :( :( :( :( :(
M.A.R.K
if your winamp reads it fine and nothing else is wrong then its probably nero. try using a different burning software like fireburner. or if you don't care about wasting cdr's you can always just go ahead and burn it. you can also put it on test mode.

use either mp3cutter or hjsplit to cut the files. its sooooooo much easier. if you want i can hookup the software.

PM me.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement