return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
religious zealots
View this Thread in Original format
gehzumteufel
i dont normally encounter them, but i know they are out there. how have some of you dealt with them? being that i have yet to experience them im curious as to how others approached the situation and dealt with it. discuss.
pkcRAISTLIN
i like asking them questions they cannot possibly answer, then enjoy them fumbling around with their response. if its over the phone or they come to my door i just tell them i dont give a and hang up/close the door.
UWM
I was followed by two obnoxious 20-somethings preaching the teachings of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to me for nearly 2 blocks while I repeatedly told them I wasn't interested. I eventually lit a cigarette and started blowing the smoke at them and even that didn't work. I eventually walked into a women's clothing store just to get them to stop following me.
gehzumteufel
quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
i like asking them questions they cannot possibly answer, then enjoy them fumbling around with their response. if its over the phone or they come to my door i just tell them i dont give a and hang up/close the door.

LOL i didnt mean the whole missionaries. i mean religious zealots, like that bitch anne coulter.
gehzumteufel
quote:
Originally posted by UWM
I was followed by two obnoxious 20-somethings preaching the teachings of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to me for nearly 2 blocks while I repeatedly told them I wasn't interested. I eventually lit a cigarette and started blowing the smoke at them and even that didn't work. I eventually walked into a women's clothing store just to get them to stop following me.

LOL i grew up mormon. i understand they want to teach to everyone but , when someone says they arent interested leave them the alone! ugh that always bothers me about missionaries of ANY religion!
pkcRAISTLIN
quote:
Originally posted by gehzumteufel
LOL i didnt mean the whole missionaries. i mean religious zealots, like that bitch anne coulter.

to be honest i dont make that much of a distinction. organised (moderate) religion is the cesspool from which fanaticism grows.
Abercrombie
obligatory....

MrJiveBoJingles
In person?

I ignore them.
naeblis
Whoa, you grew up mormon? I was a missionary once, I tried to be respectful and not waste time with people who weren't interested. What do you mean by zealot?
Beatflux
quote:
Originally posted by Abercrombie
obligatory....

OMG

Did not expect that from the witneses...

Dieselboy_1206
There were some guys that used to come preach hatred of gays and all sorts of stuff on my college campus. There was nothing funnier than the two guys having a make out sesh right in front of them.

I always throw away the literature they hand me and tell them I don't believe in a god and they can't say anything to change my mind. I have run into a lot of them since moving to the Bible belt almost 11 years ago.
Frenchie
Worse is when you're on a bus and they trap you. It's ok when you happen to have earphones on but when you don't they just keep blabbing.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement