return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 
TAs unite with computing power to fight Cancer (pg. 16)
View this Thread in Original format
jon
the UD agent is currently working on 3 tasks i think, cancer, smallpox and something else, it is possible to edit what projects your pc does work on via the agents web bases setttings, but they are updating stastics atm so i cant tell you how to, click on the "view your scores and results" link from the program, mess around with the settings links on the webpage and it should make sense, should you wish to change what projects your pc runs
vswede
joined the team as Markus Ahlberg
already part of the UD thing! nice to see TA fighting for cancer!
red eyed phil
It uses alot of my memory, but i joined anyways. :)
djSlain
? really? i leave it on all day even when i'm playing unreal2k3, office and other big applications.
red eyed phil
I went into Task Manager and checked my cpu usage-100%. But I havent tried it with any other big applications
jon
it only uses "spare" cpu time, say your using a cpu intesive program, the program will use all of cpu power, while UD agent will do nowt and wait untill the cpu becomes free, then it will carry on doing its stuff, basic explaniation, hope that made sense
red eyed phil
Makes sense now. I guess UD is using a lot of my memory because im not running any big programs.
SuperFarStucker
Your processor always runs at 100% capacity in an OS. When it's got spare cycles they normally are used up as idle time, which puts load on your processor. If your processor isn't doing ANYTHING at all, the OS may issue a STOP command to it to save power. the UD agent just acts as an idle thread, but windows sees it as eating up processing power, when it really doesn't. :p
subtledreamer
just signed up.

got my main comp (axp 2.2 ghz) running already
hope it'll speed things up a bit :)

will get my celeron 2.2 to run it as well soon! :D
Djs-storm
Been on this now for about a month. Must say I have had no problems at all with the program. I just like the idea that it is for a good cause. Lost my grandfather to cancer a couple of years ago, now I can help with the fight :)

djSlain
i was just thinking, what if we actually found the cure for cancer? first, it would raise our morale to know we actually participated in a project that had this positive research. would we actually get any kind of money? everyone with cancer would buy these pills or serum or whatever, wouldn't the income be so much internationally that every single participant got a prize?
the likely possibility that no participant would get any money discourages some potentionals because "i don't get anything in return if it happens." i'm not asking for a prize, i think it's great enough that i participate in something that may potentionally help another human life, and that is the ultimate prize...
jon
if a cure was ever found, imm 99% sure we would see no money, and id guess osmewre in the users agreeements that covers 1000 pages which we all just click ok to is a clause saying that!

me personally id be happy knowing personally that i some how helped someone else live
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 
Privacy Statement