return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 
TAs unite with computing power to fight Cancer (pg. 5)
View this Thread in Original format
keown1985
I have just signed up:)
BTG
look at my points! :)
Fraggle
hehehe...damn that's l33t!
jonsimmonds
maybee you could have edited that pic slightly, and u can view the points if you goto the tranceaddict page on the cancer research site.

Jon
Munken
Sure why not let them use my puter :) I've joined the TA team as Snigermunken.

But how long is the usual progress time?
It's been working for nearly 16 hour and it's only 50% done, is that normal or is it my computer that sucks?
Fraggle
err...obviously depends on ur processor a lot

...also, if u run opengl screensavers or any other program, then not much cpu is left for udagent to run in the background...so takes a longer time for it to process

...and sometimes, they're just bloody complicated/long worksheets...had a couple that have been 80+ hours each :p

Munken
80 hour?? damn, ok I where just wondering, so 24 hour isn't unusual then.
Fraggle
not afaik

like i said...80 hours...i'm sure there's others that are even longer...quickest one i've had is about 1 1/2 hours i think...but hard to tell...'cos it's not something i sit and watch :)

...well...okay...sometimes :D:D:D
ynte
Just signed up. Looks good on first sight, BUT...

Has anybody checked the 'edit profile option'?

Besides the 'cure cancer task' there's a secondary task called 'web performance testing'.

Quote:
"United Devices is running a project to help expose weaknesses in large commercial Web sites and help them decide where they need improvement. This is called Web performance testing."

WTF!? so now I'm being exploited for commercial purposes too?

Tho optional this secondary task is enabled by default. Check it out ppl.
Go to Preferences, Modify device profile

Ynte
marco.V
im in too as marco.v

MoonMan
Signed up as Moon-Man, lets get researching :P
Haai Henk
I just signed up as DJ Simon, I hope my overclocked CPU does it even faster :tongue3
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 
Privacy Statement