return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Producing Minimal
View this Thread in Original format
Dj Nacht
I was reading a comment someone made on another board about producing minimal. I didn't really catch what he meant by it. Maybe someone here can explain it or link to a good definition of this?
"and don't forget the
white noise & vinyl crackle soundscapes
as seen in almost every basic channel track"
mzvirbulis
vinyl crackle soundscapes can be found in ableton.
it emulates typical distortions that occur on vinyl record during playback check the vinyl distortion effect in ableton manual!

:)
sterilis
get the vengeance minimal house pack
Dj Nacht
quote:
Originally posted by mzvirbulis
vinyl crackle soundscapes can be found in ableton.
it emulates typical distortions that occur on vinyl record during playback check the vinyl distortion effect in ableton manual!

:)

Thank you I will read up on this.
jupiterone
Go to archipel records and download the sample packs for free. Pheek's website also has a lot of cool things to help you out.
maximlee
i love music ans have a driving passion that i can not describe but this whole mininal thing i just really dont get..... its like music if you look at the whole line has gone from mozart to mininal... there is just nothing there.... i mean very one to there own opinion but i want my music to be timeless..... if you write mininal ure tune is forgotten in a heart beat

in summary.... read a theory book....

maximlee
sterilis
quote:
Originally posted by maximlee
i love music ans have a driving passion that i can not describe but this whole mininal thing i just really dont get..... its like music if you look at the whole line has gone from mozart to mininal... there is just nothing there.... i mean very one to there own opinion but i want my music to be timeless..... if you write mininal ure tune is forgotten in a heart beat

in summary.... read a theory book....

maximlee

yea i agree its music for lazy producers or people who can't produce. anyone can make it. it has to one of the most boring genres ever invented.
ASFSE
quote:
Originally posted by sterilis
yea i agree its music for lazy producers or people who can't produce. anyone can make it. it has to one of the most boring genres ever invented.

let's here it then maestro
Dj Nacht
Minimal is as hard as any other genre to make if not harder. All depends on how much effort you put in. Goes the same for any other genre of electronic music. Didnt know so many ignorant people existed.
G-Con
People hear minimal and think its easy to produce because there isnt much goin on and many of the sounds seem random. I can assure you it is as difficult as any other genre. Whats tricky with minimal is you have to make each of the few elements in the track count for something. You need to keep the listeners attention without resorting to some overblown melody. There needs to be constant subtle changes with different elements coming and going.

In many respects I wouls say minimal is harder than trance to produce in terms of the arrangement. Much harder.

I would say though that it is much easier to mix together due to the sparsness of the track.

Sean Walsh
It's way harder to make a good minimal track than a good trance track. Trying to keep the dancefloor interested for 6 minutes is harder when you're working with less elements than more. In minimal production you have to be clever, you can't just say "okay let's throw in some other gay riff on top of it to fill it up".

IMO of course. Maybe you need to see a top class minimal DJ live at a wicked venue on a huge sound system before you'll understand it.
thecYrus
minimal is more about sounddesign and technical skills while you need more musical skill to produce trance..
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement