return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Winter Music Conference 2008

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 
WMC Chill out/Random talk Thread. (pg. 3)
View this Thread in Original format
JD8180
quote:
Originally posted by element-y
Dress proper in the 305 is def key. For pool parties and wmc hotel parties, etc. clothing isnt a big deal but a club party besides space, bouncers def check.

the only clubs that i would say to make a point to dress nice would probably be just cameo and mansion, since they are the "cool" mainstream clubs that are hot right now in miami... hell, last year i went to twilo during armada night in just a t-shirt and somewhat soaked khaki shorts because i went right after ultra.

i think for the most part clubs slack on dress codes for wmc, but i wouldn't test it with the cameo/mansion though
obeyaron
i went back to my hotel after ultra and changed into a button up and slacks to cameo, still a bitch to get into.
TranceNation1
quote:
Originally posted by obeyaron
i went back to my hotel after ultra and changed into a button up and slacks to cameo, still a bitch to get into.

Same here but I went to Twilo Armanda night no problem with
the dress code
racing4hoes
IIRC I got into Mansion for Sasha n Digweed in just shorts and tennis shoes.
JD8180
quote:
Originally posted by racing4hoes
IIRC I got into Mansion for Sasha n Digweed in just shorts and tennis shoes.

no i'm sure you can get in anywhere like that, but seeing as how those are the extra trendy clubs, you may have a better chance of getting in sooner if you dress nice
TranceNation1
I really hope Giant throws some partys in Miami WMC
just like Made events
mar46017
I don't think I've ever worn a dress shirt at an EDM event. I am most comfortable in sneakers and a T-shirt.

I guess different city, different rules.

This will be my first WMC and my first time to Florida! Any suggestions for places to stay? I'll prob go with Wed to Sunday. 4 nights
TranceNation1
quote:
Originally posted by mar46017
I don't think I've ever worn a dress shirt at an EDM event. I am most comfortable in sneakers and a T-shirt.

I guess different city, different rules.

This will be my first WMC and my first time to Florida! Any suggestions for places to stay? I'll prob go with Wed to Sunday. 4 nights

Last yr I stayed at the Best Western South Beach perfect location
walking distance to Camoe and Mansion
element-y
Try to get a place that has djs. Beach Plaza Hotel, The Kent, Shelley, VIctor, Chesterfield, Whitelaw, Victor, etc.

If these are pricey now then go to the best western. Prime location and great price
mar46017
quote:
Try to get a place that has djs. Beach Plaza Hotel, The Kent, Shelley, VIctor, Chesterfield, Whitelaw, Victor, etc.

If these are pricey now then go to the best western. Prime location and great price

Beach Plaza is booked, The Kent is booked, Shelley is $325 a night (not that bad considering the time of year), Victor is $600+ a night, Chesterfield is $350, Whitelaw is $375.

Best Western South Beach is fairly cheap...but only 1 bed...maybe I should get my own room! lol

Thanks for all the help! I'm looking into condo rentals also.

element-y
quote:
Originally posted by mar46017
Beach Plaza is booked, The Kent is booked, Shelley is $325 a night (not that bad considering the time of year), Victor is $600+ a night, Chesterfield is $350, Whitelaw is $375.

Best Western South Beach is fairly cheap...but only 1 bed...maybe I should get my own room! lol

Thanks for all the help! I'm looking into condo rentals also.

They had double beds last year, maybe the rooms are booked for um. They do have roller beds i think for an extra 20 a night or so. If the price is fine for best western then just have others roll with sleeping bags. That is what im doing with some friends for beach plaza. WHoever gets the bed just pays extra and others pay less.
mar46017
quote:
They had double beds last year, maybe the rooms are booked for um. They do have roller beds i think for an extra 20 a night or so. If the price is fine for best western then just have others roll with sleeping bags. That is what im doing with some friends for beach plaza. WHoever gets the bed just pays extra and others pay less.

Or in Ibiza I stayed with a group of guys from Souther Illinois I met on a law school European summer abroad program. They slept til about noon...and that was about the time I would get back from partying. lol

Who needs sleep right? The Best Western does look like its in a prime location. I have a group of lady friends staying at the Beacon. They prices jumped a couple hundred after the dates were announced.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 
Privacy Statement