return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Non-muscle Animal Delectables (Today I ate pig intestine)
View this Thread in Original format
Fast Turtle
I was hanging out with my Chinese coworker today for lunch and he offered me some of his pan-fried pig large intestine, which I tried with an open mind. The flavor was somewhere between sausage and some other taste which which strikingly nauseating, but I couldn't put my finger on what else it tasted like. It took a long time to get out of my mouth.

Anyone else eat any weird animal entrails or organs?
mezzir
eh
squid (baby squid, whole, served cold)
octopus
small fish, baked somehow, but then served whole (eyes still intact and whatnot)
Fast Turtle
I love squid and octupus, pretty much anything that comes from the ocean I eat, hah

my coworkers also let me try their wu gen chang wang one day, which is a spicy stew with preserved mustard, tofu, pork intestine slices and congealed pork blood cubes. it also has quite a hefty taste
MrJiveBoJingles
I eat some weird things, but not weird animal products.
mezzir
not random parts of an animal, but still
i travelled to japan back in 8th grade, and while i was staying with my host family they served a rather strange breakfast (our first morning there too)

so they had a plate of beef in the center of the table, cut like you'd have in a steak and cheese or whatever, uncooked. and everyone had a small bowl. following their lead, i broke the egg in the bowl, mixed it up a bit with a fork, and then took raw beef from the center of the table, dipped it in the raw egg, and ate it. red flags were going off in my head telling myself i was going to ing die, but HOLY it tasted so ing amazing.
EvilTree
quote:
Originally posted by Fast Turtle
I was hanging out with my Chinese coworker today for lunch and he offered me some of his pan-fried pig large intestine, which I tried with an open mind. The flavor was somewhere between sausage and some other taste which which strikingly nauseating, but I couldn't put my finger on what else it tasted like. It took a long time to get out of my mouth.

Anyone else eat any weird animal entrails or organs?

eh. sausage all used to be made with intestines as shealths

btw, you were suppose to eat that with sauce :p
BTG
i've eaten chicken feet.
Ygrene
quote:
Originally posted by BTG
i've eaten chicken feet.

You practice voodoo, don't you Bradley? I goddamn knew it.
Halcyon+On+On
I had haggis once.

I felt really super bad because an animal had to suffer and die just so that I could eat it.

I'd say it tasted somewhere between bald eagle, spotted owl and oatmeal.
trunks1022
chicken feet
duck tongue
beef tripe
sea cucumber

all pretty yummy, except sea cucumbers are slimy

Ygrene
You know, I just realized that eating an intestine is not that big of a deal. It's eating what's inside the intestine that really makes you a 2 girls.
Halcyon+On+On
Awesome.

That should be a verb, too.

I'm going to punch you in the eye and then 2 girls your reeling face.

Ya know. Like that.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement