return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Winter Music Conference 2008

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Gabriel & Dresden @ Pawn Shop 3/28 Tracklist???
View this Thread in Original format
PaulCky411
was anyone there last night and does anyone know what tracks they played?
tmft
G & D played a LONG set, from 12:20 pm to ~5:30 AM.

way too many tracks for me to id them all, but some I remember are:

Jas from outer space vs arcata
little 15 (depeche mode)
as the rush comes (of course)
brokeback mountain anthem
Tracking treasure down

My friend talked to G & D before the show, and they said they had 30 to 40! new tracks they were debuting that night.

An awesome set, some of the new material was a big departure from their usual melodies and much more minimal.
PaulCky411
quote:
Originally posted by tmft
G & D played a LONG set, from 12:20 pm to ~5:30 AM.

way too many tracks for me to id them all, but some I remember are:

Jas from outer space vs arcata
little 15 (depeche mode)
as the rush comes (of course)
brokeback mountain anthem
Tracking treasure down

My friend talked to G & D before the show, and they said they had 30 to 40! new tracks they were debuting that night.

An awesome set, some of the new material was a big departure from their usual melodies and much more minimal.

that's so grand... longest i ever seen them play was for 4 hours... so they mixed up styles i presume since you said they played a lot of minimal but also played the tracks u listed above... i wish i was there... also, how fast were they playing?? 130-132?
scsilvergt
Who opened for Gabriel & Dresden? Someone there told me it was someone from Austin, Tx.
fb47570
quote:
Originally posted by scsilvergt
Who opened for Gabriel & Dresden? Someone there told me it was someone from Austin, Tx.

The opener was Francis Preve.

Other songs they played:

Gareth Emery - More Than Anything [Christopher Norman (a.k.a. Retrobyte) dub mix]

Some ridiculous remix of their song Let It Go

Killers - Read My Mind

Pryda - Pjanoo

At least 2 new productions of theird I couldn't I'd.
scsilvergt
Thanks fb47570, it was really bugging me.
TranceNation1
I heard the party suck from a friend
PaulCky411
quote:
Originally posted by TranceNation1

i heard it was good... but who knows, we both weren't there to judge for ourselves...
vtec junkie
quote:
Originally posted by TranceNation1

no look at the line-up lol :stongue:
1drp4fn
quote:
Originally posted by fb47570
The opener was Francis Preve.

Other songs they played:

Gareth Emery - More Than Anything [Christopher Norman (a.k.a. Retrobyte) dub mix]

Some ridiculous remix of their song Let It Go

Killers - Read My Mind

Pryda - Pjanoo

At least 2 new productions of theird I couldn't I'd.

That was a combination of G&D-"Let it go" & PVD-"Let go" it was pretty tight and so was t hat mix of "Rocketman!"

chanman7483
To be honest, I thought this was going to suck and had absolutely no intention of going based on the 3 or so shows I've seen of them in NY. A bunch of my friends never saw them and were amped to go so I kept my mouth shut and tagged along.

RIDICULOUS set. At some points they played some of the usual stuff, but they were definetly dropping some stuff I've never heard from them. Great night. No IDs though.
mister352
I went to this show and agree it was off the chain, one other track they played was "there's no coming down". I was there from 1:30ish and stayed for 2hrs but it was too hot for me in there. I loved everything I heard, the bpm seemed to be crawling after hearing svd the night before but after 15 min I adjusted & felt it. Is it always hot as balls in pawnshop?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement