return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
Shipping time.
View this Thread in Original format
RJT
I think I have a vastly misinformed opinion as to how long it takes to ship something from a country in western Europe to the United States and I'm wondering if any of you might have some insight on this.

I bought a pretty nice piece of glass while we were in Amsterdam and obviously didn't want to try and pack it in a bag so I had it shipped home. Standard shipping through the Dutch post.

I purchased the piece late Friday evening, March 21, so I'm assuming the soonest it was actually involved in any kind of shipping process was Monday, March 24. Given these dates, how long do you think a package would take to get to me Milwaukee?

I really have concept what-so-ever, but I'm really excited to see the piece again (I've already forgotten the details - I remember vaguely what it looked liked and the major features) and hoping it will arrive some time this week.

Thoughts?

:conf:
iammesol
The plane crashed into the Atlantic.:(

http://www.cnn.com/2008/ACCIDENT/04/01/atlantic/plane.ap/index.html
Project-K
Last time I ordered stuff from europe it took 4 days. That was pretty quick though. I'd estimate 4-7 buisness days.
RJT
I have been rickrolled so many times today it hurts.

And oddly (maybe embarrassingly enough) when Myra and a few of my friends told me that it was likely being shipped by boat - I was shocked.

I think I then asked "So that means I won't get it for a few weeks then, huh?"

After which I was informed of the staggering improvement in shipping boats, and that it no longer took 2 to 3 months for a boat to cross the Atlantic ocean.

Neon Sky
A week and a half.
Sushipunk
By regular mail, stuff takes about 1.5 - 2 weeks to reach Australia from EU, so I would imagine it would be less than that heading to the US. I'd estimate about a week, I guess?

Edit: Oh, Sea Mail? . No idea man.
iammesol
quote:
Originally posted by RJT
I have been rickrolled so many times today it hurts.

And oddly (maybe embarrassingly enough) when Myra and a few of my friends told me that it was likely being shipped by boat - I was shocked.

I think I then asked "So that means I won't get it for a few weeks then, huh?"

After which I was informed of the staggering improvement in shipping boats, and that it no longer took 2 to 3 months for a boat to cross the Atlantic ocean.

Yeah, they floor it nowadays :)
Project-K
quote:
Originally posted by RJT

:stongue: :stongue: :stongue:

Many good men died at sea to bring you this vase.
RJT
quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk

Edit: Oh, Sea Mail? . No idea man.

Well I don't know for sure that's what it's on - that's just what Myra and my other friends seemed to think.

They basically told me I was crazy if I thought it was coming here by plane.
iammesol
quote:
Originally posted by Project-K

:stongue:

RJT
quote:
Originally posted by Project-K

[img]http://www.treasurelore.com/florida/galleon2.jpg[/ig]

:stongue: :stongue:

Yeah - I felt dumber than I have in a long time following that conversation.

And it's a pipe, not a vase :p
Project-K
Didn't the shipping company tell you any of this? Every time I ship something significant I know how long it's going to take, how it's going to get there and I get a tracking number. :conf:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
Privacy Statement