return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Mosquitoes
View this Thread in Original format
chimera66
Alright, I get raped come mosquito season. Anyone have a way to keep them the hell away from me that a)works and b) doesn’t require me to constantly spray or cover myself with something that smells bad? I already have bites on my cheek, thigh, hand and back of my neck…god damn mosquitoes and it isn’t even WARM yet :whip: :whip: :whip:! I live in Manhattan the concrete jungle and without fail they seek me out. High quality blood I guess…
MeLLyMeL
HAha wtf?

I don't even think I have yet to see a mosquito here! Girl stay away from Miami.:toocool:
trunks1022
yeah i get bitten lots. try bug spray or those blue light zappers.
chimera66
quote:
Originally posted by MeLLyMeL
HAha wtf?

I don't even think I have yet to see a mosquito here! Girl stay away from Miami.:toocool:

yeah nobody gets bitten but me...just found another damn bite. thank god i'm black and don't turn red because two on my face are pissing me off but at least they aren't super noticeable :(.
MeLLyMeL
whenever i get bit on the face the swelling seems to go down like an hour after.

cause twice it's happened where I'm out and i'm like LOOK I GOT A MOSQUITO BITE ON MY FACE!!! & my friends just think I'm crazy cause nothing is there.

Here's some stuff I read:
Wear light colored clothing, mosquitoes are attracted to dark clothes

Keep your body covered as much as possible (including wearing a hat), although mosquitoes can find their way through the fabric–it does cut down on bites

Use Bounce Fabric Softener Sheets--just wipe on and go. This is great for babies.

Don't eat bananas during mosquito season--mosquitoes love bananas! There is something about how your body processes the banana oil that attracts these female sugar-loving insects.
KiNeTiC ENeRgY
Buy a bottle of skin so soft. Also try not to exhale as their attracted to C02.
chimera66
quote:
whenever i get bit on the face the swelling seems to go down like an hour after.

cause twice it's happened where I'm out and i'm like LOOK I GOT A MOSQUITO BITE ON MY FACE!!! & my friends just think I'm crazy cause nothing is there.

Here's some stuff I read:
Wear light colored clothing, mosquitoes are attracted to dark clothes

Keep your body covered as much as possible (including wearing a hat), although mosquitoes can find their way through the fabric–it does cut down on bites

Use Bounce Fabric Softener Sheets--just wipe on and go. This is great for babies.

Don't eat bananas during mosquito season--mosquitoes love bananas! There is something about how your body processes the banana oil that attracts these female sugar-loving insects.

thanks mel :) although for some reason or another not matter what i do i get bites. thankfully the ones here don't carry anything but i'll be careful about visiting some places. like when my mom was a teenager she got malaria while on vacation :nervous:
Ghost Raver
Those ******s suck big time :mad: I sometimes use the bug sprays but most of the time I just cool the bites off with some whatever it is gel by OFF.
kadomony
quote:

wat
JD8180
quote:
Originally posted by KiNeTiC ENeRgY
Also try not to exhale as their attracted to C02.

that's actually the main thing. mosquitoes only find you by the CO2 you let out. so if you do anything that makes you sweat, your entire body becomes a mosquito magnet. so i guess my only advice if you don't want to use bug spray is to keep as clean and cool as possible.

chimera66
quote:
Originally posted by JD8180
that's actually the main thing. mosquitoes only find you by the CO2 you let out. so if you do anything that makes you sweat, your entire body becomes a mosquito magnet. so i guess my only advice if you don't want to use bug spray is to keep as clean and cool as possible.

i workout INSIDE but that's about it. i walk a lot but i'm not someone who sweats much...thanks for the advice though :D
chrisday
Dont eat bananas!! Worked for me whilst I was travelling.

Spray did nothing.. I gave up in the end.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement