return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > UEFA Euro 2008

Pages: [1] 2 
since when did seven nation army become a football chant...
View this Thread in Original format
isoterra
i've been wondering this, since i've heard the crowd sing it in just about every match this competition. can't recall it before now :conf:
chesco
quote:
Originally posted by isoterra
i've been wondering this, since i've heard the crowd sing it in just about every match this competition. can't recall it before now :conf:

Blame the italians.

They are awful for it in ibiza as well.
bananas
haven't heard it:wtf:
jewtube link?
Meat187
quote:
Originally posted by bananas
haven't heard it:wtf:
jewtube link?

trewqy
JAAVIER MASCHERAAAAAAHNOOOOO!:D
netroM
They (italians) sang it when Italy won WC 2 years ago. I was in Trieste at the time with friends.
bananas
quote:
Originally posted by Meat187

oh oh
Furor Aquila
I've heard the Russians also use the chant below but obviously not in Italian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ1xM0gH_-8

TranceGiant
I heard the following version: Was the theme song for a football program in Italian TV's RAI. Was then adopted by AC Milan around 2005-2006. After WC title all Italians started using it. Since then it's played in stadiums throughout all Europe. (Austria's Rapid Wien copied it after an away game against Brugge for example). Catchy but of course annoying after a while.
nchs09
quote:
Originally posted by isoterra
I have been hearing it all the time as well..... Only good one i have heard is cielito lindo by the spanish.

OH and every time they score a goal this trance song comes on:conf:

Frenkieee
I heard a lot of fellow Dutch fans chant it as well.

Lol, I was in the Liquid Club in Bern the after Holland - France. It's a nice club, a bit expensive. Though, there was a group of approx. 10 Dutch fans who were chanting this tune every 20 minutes or so. Must have driven Robbie Rivera (yes, the dj of the night) pretty crazy :p
nchs09
This is usually what you hear the spanish singing.... heard it 2ice allready

CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement