return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Daniel Pearl
View this Thread in Original format
tranceDJ
For those of you who don't know, Daniel Pearl was a journalist in Pakistan when he was abducted by a radical Pakastani group. The group sent a request to the US asking them to release the prisoners from Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. They said if this was not done, Pearl would be killed.

The US was unsure about Pearl until a video was sent to them. In the video Pearl talks about himself and then he is seen being brutally executed. The video ends with the demands of the Pakistani group. Pearl's wife is also pregnant.

Why do innocent people like Pearl need to die? It deeply sickens me that this kind of thing can even happen in the world we live in. I don't hate anybody as a result of this because that is what the terrorists want you to do, hate them like they hate us.

War and hate is so pointless. I just can't believe we live in a world where things like this happen.
lMIlk
this happend like 2 months ago?
tranceDJ
quote:
Originally posted by lMIlk
this happend like 2 months ago?

Yes, it did. Heres the thing though: I never paid much attention when it was on the news and today someone posted the video on here (if you are wondering, that thread was deleted). Me being interested and not really knowing exactly what to expect since I really didn't know what happened, watched the video. So to say, I was appalled and figured I would create this thread to tell people who didn't know about this what happened.

I also mean to spout off some anger about how such senseless things happen in this world.
Damo
yeah, the way he died was ty.. but people die everyday in the world... and not from natural causes... why should we hold pearl up on a pedastal? death is death... and the world goes on.... no use in letting it affect you...
tranceDJ
What you say is true but seeing that just had such an impact on me. And how a group abducted an innocent person and killed him because the US wouldn't meet their demands, I just find that terrible.
AnotherWay83
sad, but these kinds of things have been going on forever...u just don't hear about the other cases
Tranex02
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherWay83
sad, but these kinds of things have been going on forever...u just don't hear about the other cases

tell me about it.... if you find this sadening then your in for a deep shock.

I understand your feelings but your just making a big deal out of this...

you find it terrible that they did such a thing cuz the US didn't meent there demand...
you have people killed daily for things much more useless than that....
liquidxxd
well, lots of innocent people are dying over there right now too, so yea, war is disgusting, its sick
fastmp3
i saw the vid and almost puked ... but in the same time i was thinking of all the innocents dying because of the us hegemonia ...
TranceGiant
btw. pearl had to speak in front of the camera saying "i am jewish, so are my parents".

that for those u come up with the "arabs cannot be antisemites" myth...

(without any intention of starting a new mid-east-thread)

fastmp3
quote:
Originally posted by TranceGiant
btw. pearl had to speak in front of the camera saying "i am jewish, so are my parents".

that for those u come up with the "arabs cannot be antisemites" myth...

(without any intention of starting a new mid-east-thread)

pakis aren't arabs as far as i know ...

arabs and jews are the same ... that's why they say we are cousins
tranceDJ
quote:
Originally posted by fastmp3
i saw the vid and almost puked ... but in the same time i was thinking of all the innocents dying because of the us hegemonia ...

I felt the same way...I really wished I hadn't watched it even though it's given me kind of a new perspective on things.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement