return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Sophistication
View this Thread in Original format
gehzumteufel
I just thought about this as Jamie sparked a thought in the "cars you love" thread. She said a car wasn't sophisticated enough, but what constitutes sophistication? Is this really just another one of those social representations of wealth or intelligence?
Slylee
i knew this was coming:stongue:

i just meant that you probably wouldn't see a bunch of CEOs buying them. and yes, it was a personal preference:p
gehzumteufel
quote:
Originally posted by Slylee
i knew this was coming:stongue:

i just meant that you probably wouldn't see a bunch of CEOs buying them. and yes, it was a personal preference:p

That is because most CEOs are the "OMG I NEED A LAMBORGHINI OR FERRARI TO PROVE I AM SOMEONE" type.
Slylee
no it's probably more because they require certain luxury and performance components they are used to getting because they're rich.
gehzumteufel
quote:
no it's probably more because they require certain luxury and performance components they are used to getting because they're rich.

I love Ferrari's but it all has to do with the "I have a bigger dick than you" syndrome of CEO's. They don't care about speed and performance like you are trying to imply. They gotta show off how big their dick is.
MrJiveBoJingles
quote:
Originally posted by gehzumteufel
They gotta show off how big their dick is.

Or their wallet.
bas
quote:

It's because they can afford it. If I could afford an Audi RS-4 why the would I tool around in a GTI? C'maaan.
Slylee
quote:
I love Ferrari's but it all has to do with the "I have a bigger dick than you" syndrome of CEO's. They don't care about speed and performance like you are trying to imply. They gotta show off how big their dick is.

omg let's just speak on behalf of all the CEOs in the world lol
MrJiveBoJingles
"Sophisticated" applied to a car is just a buzzword that luxury car companies use to convince you to buy their product by associating their car with a supposedly desirable personal quality, "sophistication." Because buying a certain car somehow reflects high-brow taste, I guess.
tubularbills
sophisticated means not spending $200 on jeans.

or maybe it does.

i don't even know anymore :(

bas
quote:

He actually has a point. It's the same reason people buy Hummers. What kind of performance are you getting out of that?

12 MILES TO THE GALLON YEAH PERFORMANCE!!!
0-60 IN 10 seconds... YEAH I'M AWESOME!!
Watch out for corners I might flip...PERFORMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNCCEE EAAARRRRGGHHH. At this point I think they ejaculate.
gehzumteufel
quote:
Originally posted by MrJiveBoJingles
Or their wallet.

Wallet size is another form of saying "I have a bigger dick than you" around guys.

quote:
omg let's just speak on behalf of all the CEOs in the world lol

I am not saying all of them, but I can't think of many CEOs that I have met of larger than a mom and pop size business that aren't super cocky cause they think they are the when they are some of the biggest douchebags I have ever met.

quote:
Originally posted by MrJiveBoJingles
"Sophisticated" applied to a car is just a buzzword that luxury car companies use to convince you to buy their product by associating their car with a supposedly desirable personal quality, "sophistication." Because buying a certain car somehow reflects high-brow taste, I guess.

I 100% agree here. When someone talked about sophistication 20 years ago it referred to their dress, demeanor, intelligence, mannerisms, etiquette, etc. Not the kind of car they drive. Now people use the excuse of saying a Ferrari is stupid because it isn't practical. That is just an absurd reason because you don't buy one for practicality nor is it made to be.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement