return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Can You Hear The Difference Between 128 vs 320?
View this Thread in Original format
DjWoody
:toothless :toothless :toothless

http://mp3ornot.com

:toothless
KiNeTiC ENeRgY
oh not another one of these....theres a huge difference, but only on a system that's remotely decent. Your Dell computer speakers and your Koss headphones won't be able to show it however.
Mr.Mystery
Yes I can.
Clovis
Yep.
nchs09
To me they sound a bit crisper and louder with out distortion....

they dont sound that much different apart though.
Allied Nations
yes, on the macbook pro speakers

coulda been a lucky guess though :p
Jarvmeister
Has to be said that either the 320 one was encoded really badly, or the 120 one was done really well OR if both were encoded with the same codec then the codec was really good.

I listened with my 7506s. I guessed right.

Normally I can tell a 128 apart from a 320 no problems...... this was definately designed to challenge the listener.
Darkarbiter
"but b has the best sound quality"

Would these ****s off seriously. When your looking at whether to encode the exact same file into 320 or 128kbps sound quality of the original recording is not going to be different. This is a really stupid example that is not real world at all even though real world is pretty damn easy to achieve.

It is very easy for me to tell the difference. Whether it be on ty speakers, ty car speakers, my 50dollar seinheiser headphones (not entirely but not great either), my bose companion 3 computer speakers (although admitably lower bitrate stuff does actually sound a ton better on here then in the lounge... low bitrate stuff is unbearable in there) or my lounge speakers which are korg concept 8s.

mp3 320 and lossless I can tell too, but thats a tad harder (still worth it concidering how cheap storage is however).

I do believe mr jolivebingles did a test a while ago where everyone got most of the stuff correct (fair enough if its not your prefered genre though).
mfitterer1
I dont get anything unless its 320 these days. The difference; especially on good speakers and at high volumes, is gigantic!

320 ftw!!!
Gen3r4l1ty
Who still compresses in or sells 128kps mp3s these days?

pkcRAISTLIN
ewwww. 128s sound terrible. that 'scritchy scratchy' sound of a ty mp3 does my head in.
idoru
Yes, that was blatantly obvious.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement