return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
europe : warm beer?
View this Thread in Original format
BTG
do you guys really drink warm beer?
gehzumteufel
Germans do. Not all beers, but there are some they brew to be drank warm.
elFreak
some beers actually taste better warm, not many, but some.
bas
Fortunately I finished college, so the government hasn't come to shut my power off. No warm beers here.
gabagool
quote:
Originally posted by BTG
do you guys really drink warm beer?

room temp no but warmer than the yanks who seem to be afraid of tasting their beer. but then again who could blame them cause their beer tastes like .
rT19
room temp not warm
leebates1986
Room temp is standard if you buy from supermarket etc, all bars, pubs, clubs serve at like 2C, extra nice in teh summer tho. I quite like my bitter at room temp, never been able to really drink it warm
BTG
room temp is warm you ing s.
bas
quote:
Originally posted by BTG
room temp is warm you ing s.

Not if the government shut your heat off in the middle of winter.
gabagool
http://www.ratebeer.com/Story.asp?StoryID=479

quote:
With all the different styles found in the world of beer, the question of serving temperature comes up fairly often. There are, however, very few absolute truths when it comes to proper serving temperature. Individual drinkers will have individual preferences and these might vary quite a bit from the generally accepted norms. So mainly this guide will focus on the accepted norms, and you as the drinker can take them to heart to any degree you wish.

The first thing that should be addressed, however, are two very common myths. The first is that beer needs to be served very cold. The macrobrewers want you to believe this, and here’s why. The sensation of coldness inhibits the tongue’s taste receptors. Since macrobrews started positioning their products based on any feature they could imagine besides taste, the need to neutralize taste became important. An alcohol delivery system doesn’t need taste. In fact, taste usually gets in the way. A cold refresher could be anything, and in fact alternatives like soda, iced tea or water generally have a less offensive taste than macrobrew. So again, numbing those tastebuds is important. As for what beer marketers mean when they say a beer “has a cold taste”, your guess is as good as ours. So no, beer doesn’t not need to be near frozen. Good beer in fact should not be near frozen.

The other myth is that English beer is served at room temperature, or “warm”. It’s not. It is served at cellar temperature, which is between 12-14C. Room temperature is 21C. That’s a big difference.

Danny Ocean
basically if you buy any drink, at least in switzerland from the supermaket it will be room temp or a little bit cold, but not so much...ive never gotten warm beer at a club or pub though.
Leon
quote:
Originally posted by bas
Not if the government shut your heat off in the middle of winter.

haha

but hey if you didn't think beer tasted like piss enough yet, then drink it warm
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement