return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Must-do-in-one's-lifetime-list (quotation marks)
View this Thread in Original format
TranceGiant
Maybe a symptom of an escalating quarter-life-crisis, maybe too much time at the office, no terminal illness I'm aware of, though, still:
I thought about creating a list of books to read, movies to watch, etc. that I could regularly have a look at and start panicking that I haven't done so far. Too much to do in a way too big world in a ridiculously short lifetime, if you "think" ("..") about it...
I'll try to update the list by listing everyone's "nominees". For starters:

Books to read:

Goethe - Faust
Hermann Hesse - Siddhartha

Movies to watch:

Casablanca
The Godfather

Places to visit:

Western Wall
Eiffel Tower
Acropolis
Taj Mahal

Other activities:

Amsterdam Coffe Shop tour
Threesome (in the two of the opposite sex constellation, mind you)
Goa rave
Radiohead concert

sean5
sex with an asian
Spacey Orange
write a book

compose a song
Azz3D
See a proper northern lights show. None of this polluted, hazy, faint
Meat187
Die.
Cpt.Cocaine
Play laser tag drunk.
djsphere
find your soulmate
Taranis
Fall in love.

Fall out of love.

Candyflip.
EgosXII
Books to read:

Milan Kundera- Unbearable lightness of Being
Salman Rushdie- Satanic verses
Orwell- nineteen eighty four (bit of a cliche, but for a good reason)
and for fun Raymond E. Feist- Magician- JK rowling deserves to die for whoring a genre that was once good...

Movies to watch:

Citizen Kane
Seven Samurai
Syriana
Dr. Strangelove: Or; How i learned to stop worrying and love the bomb

Places to visit:

Nara, Japan

Other activities:

Release a Book
Release an album
Radiohead concert
(ALL in this section remain unnacomplished :( )
Taranis
quote:
and for fun Raymond E. Feist- Magician- JK rowling deserves to die for whoring a genre that was once good...

Wut. First of all I'd say they're barely the same genre, they're about as far apart as two books can get and still be called fantasy, and shouldn't really be compared.

Secondly they have wildly different target audiances.

Thirdly, Feist is hardly top of the pile as far as fantasy authors go. His work is about as cliche and generic as it gets, in a genre filled with cliche and generic trash. It's not as bad as a lot of the mass produced D&D type trash, but it's only a step above it.

EgosXII
quote:
Originally posted by Taranis
Wut. First of all I'd say they're barely the same genre, they're about as far apart as two books can get and still be called fantasy, and shouldn't really be compared.

Secondly they have wildly different target audiances.

Thirdly, Feist is hardly top of the pile as far as fantasy authors go. His work is about as cliche and generic as it gets, in a genre filled with cliche and generic trash. It's not as bad as a lot of the mass produced D&D type trash, but it's only a step above it.

fair cop: Magician holds an unscaleable place in my fantasy reading history, but i'll replace Magician with george r.r martin- tale of ice and fire series.. Altho i havn't read the 4th and 5th books...

I mentioned my hate for Rowling pretty much for that reason and because i think that that's what most people don't understand: that to the majority of harry potter readers harry potter IS fantasy, and is the peak of it, and it irritates me :p

and you can't say that harry potter has a limited market, like it's confined to children as it SHOULD be: i know numerous "adults" who get all kinds of ludicrous pleasure out of the despicable bastard...
mmm rage is fun :D
tubularbills
Books to read:

Stephen King - The Stand
Alcoholics Annonymous

Movies to watch:

All the Godfather movies in a row

Places to visit:

Easter Island

Other activities:

- I think i'd like to be a part of a protest one day. Not sure what i'd want to protest - but just the idea of standing up for your rights on something, and "sticking it to the man" kind of mentality. Not a riot (although, i do enjoy blowing things up occasionally...); but just to be out there on the fore-front, defending the little guy.
- Deploy at some point. I don't know when, or for how long; but I want to have at least one of those under my belt before I'm done with the AF
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement