return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Wait, let me get this straight...
View this Thread in Original format
delusional
So the Xone 92 doesn't have any effects ? Am I correct ? Where do you rock out on effects then lol.....
Ryan0751
You don't, because they usually sound like crap.

The 92 has filters only, which sound fantastic and are infinitely more useful than the filter/flanger/phaser on other mixers.

If you want more, get an external effects unit or use software effects.
delusional
hmm i like i like
elFreak
effects =/= good.

good music doesn't need it, and a beautiful interaction between 2 or 3 tracks properly eq'ed >efx imo.
n3lly
What they said..
david.michael
Traktor Pro gives me both decent sounding filters and decent sounding FX. IMO, of course.

That being said, I use the filters frequently as a tool, and I only use the FX when I'm screwing around at home and showing them to friends, so take that for what it's worth.
enydo
If I had a mixer with a flanger it would be activated 24/7 365.
david.michael
quote:
Originally posted by enydo
If I had a mixer with a flanger it would be activated 24/7 365.

Funny you should say that... I have a computer running behind me right now in my office and the fans inside of it are making a constant flanger/jet sound.

Screw mixer FX, I'm mic-ing up an old Dell Dimension from now on.
Trance Android
I have 50+ FX on my currently unused DJM909 & also an EFX1000. Since I bought an A&H Xone62 dirt cheap off a mate about 4 months ago I haven't missed the FX at all - not even flanger :p the filters on the Xone are great :)

Not even been bothered to hook up the EFX1000 to it yet. In fact I'll probably sell that & the 909 soon...
delusional
Well as my first setup I JUST bought a xone 92 and 2cdj 1000mk3's and I believe these monitors that are called RPK. Is that a little too much to learn on ? lol...

david.michael
quote:
Originally posted by delusional
Well as my first setup I JUST bought a xone 92 and 2cdj 1000mk3's and I believe these monitors that are called RPK. Is that a little too much to learn on ? lol...

Not at all, but the bitch about it is that if you learn on hardware, you can play on pretty much anything. You might spoil yourself. ;)
Trance Android
quote:
Originally posted by delusional

I can't believe you spunked all that cash on gear & only JUST found out it doesn't have FX ;) :toothless

Enjoy, great set up you have there :)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Privacy Statement