return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Office Politics
View this Thread in Original format
chlola
What would you do if you made a derogatory comment towards a co-worker in a moment of exasperation
(i.e. She never works. She's just playing 24/7) to another co-worker...

And said co-worker creeps up behind you, catches tail end of the convo and proceeds to tell your
boss the comment was directed at her?

In addition, how would you explain what transpired when questioned by boss when said co-workers sister (bosses secretary)
is sitting in the room when your boss calls you out on it?

:nervous:
wienerschnitzel
i'd TOTALLY make a thread on tranceaddict about it.
The17sss
In my earlier working days in non-career places of business, I hated the insane whirlwind of office politics. Amazing how fast a rumor can spread.

I learned quickly not to talk to anyone I worked with. It got to the point where I literally would not speak with anyone at work unless absolutely 100% necessary, or if my manager asked me a question. And I also never accepted invitations to hang out with co-workers after hours... ever. :stongue:
Q5echo
quote:
Originally posted by chlola
What would you do if you made a derogatory comment towards a co-worker in a moment of exasperation
(i.e. She never works. She's just playing 24/7) to another co-worker...

And said co-worker creeps up behind you, catches tail end of the convo and proceeds to tell your
boss the comment was directed at her?

In addition, how would you explain what transpired when questioned by boss when said co-workers sister (bosses secretary)
is sitting in the room when your boss calls you out on it?

:nervous:

You're busted basically. So then just be honest. If there is any truth to your original comment about her hopefully your boss would already be aware of it and maybe sympathize with you a little bit while he/she smacks you on the wrist.

It always pays to be honest when busted
Demoted
Stretch your cuddlin' fingers and get some clearance cologne!
chlola
I stayed to myself for over two years but just recently started trying to bond with my co-workers and try to make it a better environment. What sucks balls is this person has no work ethic, just texts her friends all day and disrupts everyone with her idle chit chat. She comes in late every day, takes an hour and a half lunch and pisses off all her clients by neglecting them. But she gets by caz her sister is tight with the VP. Plus she is a big snitcher, even though she herself is always bitching that the VP never works. Just sits there... that's how she mistakedly misconstrued my comment.
:confused:
Q5echo
quote:
I stayed to myself for over two years but just recently started trying to bond with my co-workers and try to make it a better environment. What sucks balls is this person has no work ethic, just texts her friends all day and disrupts everyone with her idle chit chat. She comes in late every day, takes an hour and a half lunch and pisses off all her clients by neglecting them. But she gets by caz her sister is tight with the VP. Plus she is a big snitcher, even though she herself is always bitching that the VP never works. Just sits there... that's how she mistakedly misconstrued my comment.
:confused:

i don't think you have any other recourse than to just start pranking the hell out of that bitch.

get on youtube. there's loads of on there you can try out. it'll make you feel tons better about yourself and, more importantly, your work environment.;) cheers
Krypton
Wouldn't have happened if you weren't talking behind people's backs.
chlola
quote:
Originally posted by Demoted
Stretch your cuddlin' fingers and get some clearance cologne!

Lol. WTF?

quote:
Originally posted by Krypton
Wouldn't have happened if you weren't talking behind people's backs.

True.
So should I let it go?

quote:
Originally posted by Q5echo
i don't think you have any other recourse than to just start pranking the hell out of that bitch.

get on youtube. there's loads of on there you can try out. it'll make you feel tons better about yourself and, more importantly, your work environment.;) cheers

Yeah baby! I have a few tricks up my sleeve.
But maybe I should take the high road?
Q5echo
quote:
So should I let it go?

hell no...and don't listen to Krypton. you'll end up somehow being run over by a circus jeep full of gay midgets.

she makes everyone else's job harder than it should be, including probably your boss. in turn, it is your obligation to either punk her and make her job miserable on a daily basis or rat her out to your boss - but NOBODY likes a rat, so game on, i say

Sushipunk
quote:
Originally posted by Q5echo
hell no...and don't listen to Krypton. you'll end up somehow being run over by a circus jeep full of gay midgets

:stongue:
Krypton
Listen to Q if you'v got an american flag stuck up your ass.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Privacy Statement