return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Diagnose Pro, because the doctors can't
View this Thread in Original format
prolikewhoa
so, i went to the ER today, and they sent me home cause they didn't know what was wrong with me. here's the skinny.

i've had a reddish, rough-to-the-touch rash all over my body, mainly on my legs, arms, back of neck, ears, and back...sometimes on chest.

yesterday i woke up and my face was swollen, my eyes so puffy i look asian. i took 2 benadryll yesterday and they didn't seem to have much of an effect.

today i woke up after 12 hours of sleep and my face was even more swollen, the swelling had spread to my throat and i was having some difficulty breathing.

i went to the ER and they tested me for strep throat (?) b/c my throat had a lil puss in it. strep test came back negative and they said it was probably a viral infection that i'd just have to let run its course.

the rash gets worse and prickly when it's hot... it's a lil itchy but not too bad. i've taken benadryll and excedrin for discomfort... my whole body feels like i'm wearing a weighted suit. i get a lil dizzy and feel very lethargic.

so

what

is

wrong

with

me

?!?!?!?!
Meat187
Slylee
allergic reaction? lol

it's always hard to identify what exactly is causing the reaction i would imagine because it's hard to remember exactly everything you came into contact with before symptoms started.
prolikewhoa
yeah i thought it was an allergic reaction too, but they didn't seem to think so? i haven't eaten anything out of the ordinary, but i did just move to the boston area like a month ago and there's definitely more like... plants and bugs and around here. i live in the freaking forest
Slylee
it's definitely an allergic reaction. i had the same thing happen to me in the bahamas when i was picking fruit off trees and eating them without washing them. had to fly back to florida and everything and go to the ER and they gave me a shot of steroids and i was better within hours. my eyes were swollen completely shut and had a complete body rash too.

they didn't give you any steroids and/or cortisone injections?
inconspicuous
that type of thing can be caused by dosage problems with epilepsy meds, among others. in some of those cases, it can be lethal.
Meat187
quote:
Originally posted by prolikewhoa
i've had a reddish, rough-to-the-touch rash all over my body, mainly on my legs, arms, back of neck, ears, and back...sometimes on chest.

Post pics of said chest, then maybe I can help you. :gsmile:
prolikewhoa
quote:
Originally posted by Slylee
it's definitely an allergic reaction. i had the same thing happen to me in the bahamas when i was picking fruit off trees and eating them without washing them. had to fly back to florida and everything and go to the ER and they gave me a shot of steroids and i was better within hours. my eyes were swollen completely shut and had a complete body rash too.

they didn't give you any steroids and/or cortisone injections?

no they didn't... that's what i was expecting though? i haven't eaten anything unusual...

the doc didn't do any kind of blood test or skin test or whatever... i have no idea why they didn't seem to think it wasn't an allergic reaction. i've never had one before but i imagine this is what it would be like. the rash is kinda on my face too... my face is just swollen and the skin feels really rough. yuck
Slylee
quote:
Originally posted by inconspicuous
that type of thing can be caused by dosage problems with epilepsy meds, among others. in some of those cases, it can be lethal.

is she an epileptic?
prolikewhoa
trust me, you wouldn't want ANY pics of me right now. my face looks redonkulase

Meat187
quote:
Originally posted by prolikewhoa
trust me, you wouldn't want ANY pics of me right now. my face looks redonkulase

I wasn't asking for pics of the face. :p
And I guess this is my chance to use another House image:
inconspicuous
quote:
Originally posted by Slylee
is she an epileptic?

epilepsy meds have other applications. I also mentioned that those are just some of the ones that have that effect.

essentially, you get a whole-body rash that's also internal and eats away at your organs. it can happen if you start out at too high of a dose or if you stop then restart your dosage without building back into it for a few weeks (like those meds require you do initially).
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement