return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Conspiracy Theorists
View this Thread in Original format
gehzumteufel
What can you do to help them "see" the light? lol
Slylee
that's the same question they ask themselves about you lol
Halcyon+On+On
Wresting an earnest belief from somebody is likely an exercise in futility. Besides, why would you want to change the minds of people who intentionally gulp up any information they come across that confirms their half-baked ideas about the world? Let em be dumb I say, just make sure you profit off of them.
Lira
That's analogous to asking "How can I convert someone to another religion?".
gehzumteufel
quote:
Originally posted by Halcyon+On+On
Wresting an earnest belief from somebody is likely an exercise in futility. Besides, why would you want to change the minds of people who intentionally gulp up any information they come across that confirms their half-baked ideas about the world? Let em be dumb I say, just make sure you profit off of them.

This is basically what I was figuring, but I wondered if anyone had any ideas that could help sway someone.

Basically the situation is this friend of my aunt's, claimed some NWO bull and I called him out on it. He then says that he is an independent thinker and all this. I tell him if he was an independent thinker, he would not believe that the NWO is true.
Halcyon+On+On
Personally, I think he has the right idea, he's just going about it wrong. He needn't subscribe to bat theories merely to be critical of all authority - if anything, he has just been swallowed by the little subculture of like-minded people. It's something that each and every one of us does. Take Tranceaddict for example.

Just what do you want to "sway" him to, though? Every side of an argument has an agenda, and there will probably always, always be supporters of theories that are sound or otherwise. Essentially, your only course is to throw what you think to be supportable logic at him and hope that he listens. He won't, but that's the headstrong idiocy of argument for you.

Nobody is an independent thinker. If he believes this, it's because he subscribes to notions because they are of some personal value to him - which is exactly why you will never "win" him over.
Demoted
Sounds like you sure faced him.
gehzumteufel
quote:
Originally posted by Halcyon+On+On
Personally, I think he has the right idea, he's just going about it wrong. He needn't subscribe to bat theories merely to be critical of all authority - if anything, he has just been swallowed by the little subculture of like-minded people. It's something that each and every one of us does. Take Tranceaddict for example.

Just what do you want to "sway" him to, though? Every side of an argument has an agenda, and there will probably always, always be supporters of theories that are sound or otherwise. Essentially, your only course is to throw what you think to be supportable logic at him and hope that he listens. He won't, but that's the headstrong idiocy of argument for you.

Nobody is an independent thinker. If he believes this, it's because he subscribes to notions because they are of some personal value to him - which is exactly why you will never "win" him over.

Yeah good points. He already gave up though, so the discussion between him is over. lol
Zild
quote:
Originally posted by Lira
That's analogous to asking "How can I convert someone to another religion?".

Normally we do that with a sword.
Demoted
quote:
Originally posted by gehzumteufel
Yeah good points. He already gave up though, so the discussion between him is over. lol

I thought I felt the earth shifting back on its axis.

Halcyon+On+On
Axis? Are you implying that the Earth is round, Sir? I'll not have this vile and frankly regressive banter up in my TA. The Earth is clearly flat, use your goddamned eyes you sheep.
Meat187
Some people are idiots. Live with it, there's nothing you can do.

Actually I'm wrong. Most people are idiots.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Privacy Statement