return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Just lost 15 Gb OF MP3'z and Windows 98 :(
View this Thread in Original format
DJ RozzeR
Okay im going to go on a rampage and kill anyone you gets in my way , my Alcatel home 500 from BT aint workin , its says there is NO DIAL TONE , which is a load of coz i tested the socket 10 times, this means that there is a corrupt network device on my pc , which aint fixable as the driver wont install , ive tried upgrading the drivers and still wont work , ive tried to install XP over 98 and its all gone up , its saying No OS found on HD , im sure you have seen the error before, so now im gonna have to reinstall everything from fresh , and ill prob be back online in a few days , Ive backed a few mp3's up but only 3 Gb worth.
djshorts
mate

if you have broadband you will haver no problems getting the tunes back but if you have dial up ur basically ed.
DuMonde TrAnCeR
now thats the reason i bitch about XP so much :)

it tries to change the compression format of ur harddrive and the jump from 98 is to big or summat. hehe. i recommend u stick with 98, it works fine for me :)
!_PeTrUs_!
CD-R?
Bloodflower
i am with dumonde trancer, hes right, win98 is still the best for professionall users who downlaod install n deinstall a lot, if u know how to handle the system, the system know how to handle with you, goes like this almost...

however if u want to upgrade win98 to winxp its like u want to tune a rover mini up to a dodge viper gts-r the basics are totally different so there is no "REAL" upgrade possible... at least no upgrade that runs kinda stable...

even with broadband its VERY hard to get 12Gigs back, especially i strongly believe u dont know the total list of 12gigs of music right?
my advice, burn each month 2cds to save them, i need this for my mobile mp3 cd player and its worth it for saving yur collection, since cd-r cost like 50 cents or so i dont care anyway...
so it goes like

2002-06 Juni CD1
2002-06 Juni CD2
2002-07 July CD1
etc etc . . .
DJ NEILSON
1) wtf are you running win98 for its , it slowly eats ur pc up the more you install things.

2)why not install win2000/XP along side 98 and not over it?!?!

3)if all else fails, put your HDD in somone elses machine and make it the slave drive by setting the jumpers, that way you will be able to see your mp3 files and move them to wherever or burn them to a cd etc... blah blah blah
BeatFreak
Damn dude. You broke up with your girlfriends AND you lost all your mp3's. What's next?
ahlamalek
win98 for professional use??? what is this world coming too??? Get windows 2000 at least, if you have the right pc for it (512 ram) put winxp.

As for the rest, dude, relax a bit, take some air. You just lost your gf and you could do some move on your pc and really loose everything. Take your hard disk to someone you trust and just move your files to his/her computer, reinstall from fresh and go back again and take back your files. its a hassle, but 12 gigs is a lot of files... I have 15 gigs of mp3 sitting on my hd, right now and I don't feel like burning them... too much work.
Cafster
my comp is starting to go to so i just ordered another. its not gonna be here til the 25th. if my PC s the bed before then im gonna go nuts.
Blue.
Dam. I have about 12 GIGs of MP3s and I'd kill someone if they took em' from me lol.

ali92
quote:
Originally posted by Bloodflower
i am with dumonde trancer, hes right, win98 is still the best for professionall users who downlaod install n deinstall a lot, if u know how to handle the system, the system know how to handle with you, goes like this almost...

however if u want to upgrade win98 to winxp its like u want to tune a rover mini up to a dodge viper gts-r the basics are totally different so there is no "REAL" upgrade possible... at least no upgrade that runs kinda stable...

even with broadband its VERY hard to get 12Gigs back, especially i strongly believe u dont know the total list of 12gigs of music right?
my advice, burn each month 2cds to save them, i need this for my mobile mp3 cd player and its worth it for saving yur collection, since cd-r cost like 50 cents or so i dont care anyway...
so it goes like

2002-06 Juni CD1
2002-06 Juni CD2
2002-07 July CD1
etc etc . . .

WHAT?! Whoever heard of Windows 98 being FOR PROFESSIONAL USE?! The best 2 Microsoft OSs for professional use are: 1. Windows XP: Professional or Corporate Edition and 2. Windows 2000: Advanced Server or Professional. Also, here's something that U might want to think about if ur thinking about 2000: Microsoft is going to stop supporting Win2000 (all versions) in 9 months. If I were you, I'd just get Windows XP: Corporate or Professional Edition- You'll end up there some day anyway so, why not just do it now? That's what I did and I have only 128 MB of RAM (will have 384 or 512 by September, though)!
BeatFreak
OW!!!!!!!!!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement