return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Movement: Detroit Electronic Music Festival 2010

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
DEMF for Dummies
View this Thread in Original format
sweetcaroline
I used to live in Chicago in the 90's and thought it's time I return to visit. From what I've heard, DEMF is a great time so I thought I'd coordinate a trip to Detroit and Chicago in May. But I can barely find anything about DEMF 2010. The site www.demf.com is blank and I know barely anything about the festival. I've done searches on TA and haven't located any FAQ threads.

Can anybody help a n00b out? I'm looking for information on Detroit hotels, transportation (I don't have a car), mistakes to avoid, and things not to miss.

Thanks for helping make my Midwest reunion a success.

:)
Quadlow
i am usually leading this front but i won't be making it this year more then likely. also i'm way to lazy right now type everything out but maybe that will change.

on a small note, you should see the lineup and additional information being posted up on the website soon.

also use this link: http://www.myspace.com/detroitmusicfest

cheers.
sweetcaroline
Thanks for the info. It's a little disconcerting that nothing is posted on the myspace site yet. Maybe WMC casts a wide shadow. I'll try to be patient.
UWM
mini mathias why are you not going?
Chaska
quote:
Originally posted by sweetcaroline
Thanks for the info. It's a little disconcerting that nothing is posted on the myspace site yet. Maybe WMC casts a wide shadow. I'll try to be patient.


Check last year's threads so you get an idea of where to stay and what to expect with food and the venues in the area. I don't think you'll need to get a car in detroit, coordinate with people to share cabs and you'll be fine. Also, subscribe to paxahau.com for updates and join the DEMF 2010 group on FB, I think TOTA already has a DEMF thread. Don't worry about the lineup, it'll be awesome and you'll save more if you book hotel and get airfare before it's even announced.

I'm planning to go this year, booking hotel soon :D
david.michael
Don't worry, they don't seem to really post any info or names until it's getting really close to the date.

Stay at the Renaissance Marriott, but book it soon. It's RIGHT there at Hart Plaza...trust me, it's worth it to be able to dart back to the hotel room for an emergency poo or cheaper drink.

All you need to know is that you will have the time of your life. :)
Quadlow
quote:
Originally posted by david.michael
Don't worry, they don't seem to really post any info or names until it's getting really close to the date.

Stay at the Renaissance Marriott, but book it soon. It's RIGHT there at Hart Plaza...trust me, it's worth it to be able to dart back to the hotel room for an emergency poo or cheaper drink.

All you need to know is that you will have the time of your life. :)


last time i checked the renaissance was all booked up. fyi.
david.michael
quote:
Originally posted by Quadlow
last time i checked the renaissance was all booked up. fyi.



fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
sweetcaroline
Unless I booked at the wrong hotel, the Renaissance is still accepting reservations. I get a res. at "Detroit Marriott in Renaissance Center" for Fri, Sat, and Sun.

Costs $199 a night for a room with two double beds. Since I'm traveling alone, I'll be looking to split the room with somebody. I'll probably start advertising for a roommate in May sometime.
Quadlow
FYI ...

PARTIAL LINEUP AND TICKET INFORMATION FOR MOVEMENT 2010 WILL BE RELEASED WEDNESDAY MARCH 10th

Chaska
quote:
Originally posted by sweetcaroline
Unless I booked at the wrong hotel, the Renaissance is still accepting reservations. I get a res. at "Detroit Marriott in Renaissance Center" for Fri, Sat, and Sun.

Costs $199 a night for a room with two double beds. Since I'm traveling alone, I'll be looking to split the room with somebody. I'll probably start advertising for a roommate in May sometime.


You may want to reconsider checking out on Monday, you shouldn't miss the Old Miami monday morning ;) I'm actually planning ahead and most likely will book Sat-Tue, driving from and back to NY.

About the links, here they are (not all, but some):

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...php?forumid=102

Review DEMF 2009

Photos DEMF 2009

DEMF 2009 - NYTA
jonze
i went last year but won't be going this year. it was a lot of fun, mainly because of the TAs but there was a lot of good music. Old Miami was amazing. if you are flying into detroit then i would try to sync up with other people and maybe share a taxi because it can be kind of expensive. i don't remember eating anything besides breakfast once at the hotel so i can't help you with places to eat.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
Privacy Statement