return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
CNN article: Hard-Disk DJs "spin" MP3s
View this Thread in Original format
Eugene
Here's what CNN has to say...

http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/ptech/...s.ap/index.html
Shudder
that looks messed. in my opinion, i'd prefer the real turntables instead of some funky 10 gig mp3 gadget. I find the whole mp3 dj thing stupid, even though i mix with traktor right now, i wouldn't do mp3 mixing in a club.

i bet that donnie darkwave person was inspired by the movie donnie darko :D
ali92
This is good for the DJ who doesn't do it full-time. It's good for the DJ who might do it once every few months for a small audience but, nothing REALLY big...
KilldaDJ
i mix alot on atomix, thats a great proggy :)
ali92
quote:
Originally posted by KilldaDJ

...In real-time in front of a LOT of people?
ampburner
lol I like how the guy in the article states that:
quote:
"When I was younger I felt like there was a talent to it because they were spinning records backwards and forwards and really cutting it in and overlapping songs," Parrish says. "It doesn't take much talent to be a DJ anymore. You just have to have a good flow of songs."

I don't know wheter to " :whip: " or " :haha: "
quddha
lol, the dude's a human jukebox, nothing more.

you can't beatmatch with those things. its like hooking up two walkmans to a mixer and fading the songs.

If he hooked up a laptop and used VTT or something, i'd give him more respect.
mr. poopyhead
hahaha.. why the HELL would you need 2 of them if you can't beatmatch??

winamp has a crossfader function, just bring a laptop and leave a playlist running. a blind monkey could pull that off.
DJ_Lord
[/B]Parrish says. "It doesn't take much talent to be a DJ anymore. You just have to have a good flow of songs."!![B] :whip: :whip:
:disbelief

some ppl is SO GODDAMN STUPID! IT JUST PISSES ME OFF!
KilldaDJ
quote:
Originally posted by ali92

...In real-time in front of a LOT of people?

absolutely

DuMonde TrAnCeR
quote:
Originally posted by KilldaDJ

atomix is crap for me, it only beatmatches up to about 90% accuracy (which is v bad) the bass controllers are wandy round knobs which are right awkward on comp, and instead of slowing tracks ddown it just cuts out (rather large) chunks to make it seem faster, but just gliches loads.

or have i got some dodgy version?
Dmatrox
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_Lord
Parrish says. "It doesn't take much talent to be a DJ anymore. You just have to have a good flow of songs."!! :whip: :whip:
:disbelief

some ppl is SO GODDAMN STUPID! IT JUST PISSES ME OFF!

I agree somewhat to that. Really, mixing doesnt take too much, its not like djs are mozart or rachmaninoff or something. Just about anyone can mix records its not rocket science.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement