return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Winamp 3.0 is released!
View this Thread in Original format
El~ZaPo
Just visited the winamp site today and saw that Winamp 3.0 is now officially released! There's some nice features on it, such as making winamp see-through and color-themes, etc. Looks really nice. You can even play videos in it too, but I haven't tried that.
ampburner
yeah it's nice... but winamp 2 has all the feautures I need :)
davinox
i DL'ed Winamp 3 like right when it came out, and it's pretty cool, but i deleted it and went back to 2 because of a few things.

1) I couldn't use my plugins.
2) I swear the sound quality was not as good.
3) I couldn't make dem little visulation bars go faster, they were slow as hell.
Mr.Mystery
Wa3.0 uses radically more memory than 2.x even when it's not doing anything!
Haunted
the whole play list / media library thing is too inconveniant.. 2 kicks ass :/
yujie__
2.8 > 3.0.
zzleeper
Some months ago I tried the beta, it sucked.. 3.0 is way better (more stable), but i'll wait till 3.1 or at least 3.01

Meanwhile, 2.8 r0x0rs..
(I hate when Winamp crashes (which happens very few times with 2.8 but more with 3.0. ... imagine listening to ehhhh ligaya? and at the 4th minute the damn thing crashes...?!??! ):p
Haunted
Crash? mine doesnt.. gogo XP?
Fraggle
ya...i was gonna d/l winamp 3...but after reading this i'll prolly hold off for a while

...neva had a problem with 2.8 or even 2.76-79...hasn't crashed ever, even with 5000+ playlist

damn, sucks to hear the old plugins don't work on 3 tho...that alone is reason enough not to update for me :):):)

DarkTrance
Winamp 3 sux, it takes up MUCH more memory, there are few skins for it and they have bugs beacuse skins are now more complex, i have heard of errors when switching a song that the old and new song both play for a lil while and mix, and the sound may be choppy at times. But there is also one thing, this isn't a true final fi nal, the only reason they realsed it is beacuse AOL set a date for winamp 3 to be done and it wasn't really done, th ey released a so called final (the one thats out now) while they're still fixing up on things, so in other words AOL pretty much just rushed the ppl at nullsoft to release it. there is AOL ing up another good company

DJ-Ande
2.8 gotta be the best!!!!!!!!!:D
TiestoInTheMix
winamp 2.8 is one of the few programs that i could never complain about. 3.0 is too slow and too clogged with all those playlist/etc. things.

oh, one thing about 2.8: kinda slow to load the search screen when i press J, but that's probably because of 3000+ songs...
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement