return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Used to call me fatso, now they call me Castro
View this Thread in Original format
Renzo
quote:
Fidel Castro, 84, announced his resignation from leadership of the Cuba Communist Party today in an article published on Cubadebate.cu. Along with the changing face of the Communist Party comes the easing of Cuba's property laws. The BBC reports that for the first time since the 1959 Communist Revolution, Cubans will now be allowed to buy and sell private property. For more than 50 years, Cubans' have been restricted to passing their homes on to their children, or engaging in a corrupt system of swapping.

http://www.businessinsider.com/cast...4#ixzz1JzSD6pRp
The17sss
Fidel, your legacy of leaving the island of Cuba as a more prosperous, attractive, and viable country today compared to when you first took charge it is noted. A job well done and a shining example of communism for the world. God speed.
srussell0018
I bet MLB will benefit from this.
The17sss
quote:
Originally posted by srussell0018
I bet MLB will benefit from this.

:stongue:

and the sandwich market. god damn I love a good Cuban sando
Joss Weatherby
quote:
Originally posted by The17sss
Fidel, your legacy of leaving the island of Cuba as a more prosperous, attractive, and viable country today compared to when you first took charge it is noted. A job well done and a shining example of communism for the world. God speed.

While there are lots of issues, it sadly is still a better place now than it was before under Batista.

Maybe they can adopt the Chinese "communism" and become a bigger threat to the US than they were in October of '62. ;)
The17sss
quote:
Originally posted by Joss Weatherby
While there are lots of issues, it sadly is still a better place now than it was before under Batista.

how do you know this?
bas
quote:
how do you know this?

Nou is an Observer.

Duh.
The17sss
:stongue:

Nou sees all
Zyklon_Jay
quote:
how do you know this?

i've been to Cuba multiple times, and although the embargo has essientially crippled them...they are really wonderful people who in general are less miserable than the rest of north america.

their freedom if it means i can't get an all inclusive 4 star resort deal for under 700 for a week anymore though.
The17sss
quote:
Originally posted by Zyklon_Jay
i've been to Cuba multiple times, and although the embargo has essientially crippled them...they are really wonderful people who in general are less miserable than the rest of north america.

their freedom if it means i can't get an all inclusive 4 star resort deal for under 700 for a week anymore though.

I have some great Cuban friends in Miami... some of the nicest families I've ever met. Parents always end up cooking these incredible meals for guests when they arrive. I get to hear all kinds of interesting stories of what life was like under Castro... and they never blame the embargo, they fully blame the Castro dictatorial regime.

Wait, am I reading this right? You get to stay at a swank resort for $700 a week?? Jesus. Are the nice resorts similar to something in Jamaica or something in the Caribbean you've seen?

Zyklon_Jay
you have to find the right resort and stick with it, some are great, some not so great like anywhere else.

my mom got a last minute deal to varadero for 600$ all in this week. off season is great too, just don't get stuck in a hurricane.
The17sss
quote:
Originally posted by Zyklon_Jay
you have to find the right resort and stick with it, some are great, some not so great like anywhere else.

my mom got a last minute deal to varadero for 600$ all in this week. off season is great too, just don't get stuck in a hurricane.

Yeah I got caught in some pretty nasty in St. Thomas a few years ago. Can't go anywhere on such a small island either. I'd check out Cuba if I could, but I doubt my passport will be acceptable in my lifetime. I want my next tropical destination to be those Roatan islands off Honduras... I've heard awesome things about that place and it's not all touristed out yet.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Privacy Statement