return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion

Pages: [1] 2 3 
[home.] mixed by Rob Turner
View this Thread in Original format
RJT

Click Here

[01:01:08]

01. Lovebirds – Running Backwards (Original Mix) [Teardrop, 2011]
02. MAM – Share Your Love (Original Mix) [Outcross, 2010]
03. Gabe is the Devil – Charlie [Self Released, 2011]
04. Chris James, the Egyptian Lover – Let’s Get Intimate (Original Mix) [Semester Musik, 2011]
05. Electric Jones – Michael’s Hotel (Original Mix) [Hot Natured, 2011]
06. Glimpse – Walk Tall (Maceo Plex Remix) [Crosstown Rebels, 2010]
07. MANIK (NYC) – Lose My Mind (Original Mix) [Ovum Recordings, 2011]
08. Lee Foss – Foxy (Original Mix) [No. 19 Music, 2011]
09. Motor City Drum Ensemble – Prayer (Original Mix) [Faces Records, 2010]
10. Lovebirds – Give a (Original Mix) [Teardrop, 2011]
11. Alexis Raphael – Kitchens & Bedrooms (Lee Foss Mix) [Lower East, 2011]
12. Eats Everything – Entrance Song (Original Mix) [Pets Recordings, 2011]
13. Tensnake – Something About You (Original Mix) [Mirau, 2011]
14. Kruse & Nuernberg – Gone Daft (DJ Sneak Mix) [Slip & Slide, 2010]
15. Benoit & Sergio – Everybody (Original Mix) [DFA, 2011]
16. Martin Dawson – Soft Synth (La Fleur Remix) [Moodmusic, 2011]
17. 16 Bit Lolitas – Neptune (Outro Edit) [Audio Therapy, 2007]

Trying to think of what I even want to write to preface this set, but either I don't care or I think it stands on its own two feet just fine.

That said, I had a lot of fun with this. If you listen to it, I hope you do too. Cheers.
Sushipunk
Random RJT sighting!
RJT
quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
Random RJT sighting!

Sushipunk
:haha:
Lews
Downloading
Mattinsanity
hard to believe some of the records are from the last couple of years. I don't mess with tech house but Eats Everything – Entrance Song is a sick blend of deep house and tech house. I like the nice new york city retro feel of this mix.
RJT
quote:
Originally posted by Mattinsanity
hard to believe some of the records are from the last couple of years. I don't mess with tech house but Eats Everything – Entrance Song is a sick blend of deep house and tech house. I like the nice new york city retro feel of this mix.

Thanks Matt. You raise an issue I wanted to bring up though; I see a lot of people these days who are "tired of bog standard tech house" or bored with the fact that "everyone is playing deep house" (well, most of the so called "music snobs" anyway).

It's the new minimal/techno, right? So much more than gold.

I get it.

I also know what it's like to get caught up in the "playing what's allegedly hot in the underground" right now. It sucks. Those are the worst sets I've ever played or put out.

At the end of the day, however, I love house music. I grew up on it, and a lot of what I'm finding these days screams nostalgia to me. To me, there is so much good out there right now, I've not been so fired up to play records in a long time, and I don't give a who else is playing them.

So I hope people can generally tell their preconceived notions to off and give it a chance, because I largely think this is what house music has been all about for me for a long time.
RJT
And for the record, this is the most proud I've been of a mix since "Gonzo."

Those of you who know/remember me will likely have some idea what that means.
yonny
U always get it right, somehow... ill give this a listen tonight and let u know what i think
wotyzoid
In! Been in love with the Entrance Song since I caught it in an Audiofly set. Good seeing you around Mr. Turner. :)

RJT
Thanks fellas, hope you all enjoy it. :)

Especially the throw back to Neptune. The original version of that track never got the love I thought it deserved.
ziptnf
Took a listen to this and highly enjoyed it. The set flew by, which is always nice. I really was a fan of the way it opened, with that fat assed bassline that made me think of Seinfeld for some reason :p

I'm not really a house guy by trade, so I can't really leave any meaningful feedback other than I thought everything sounded great. Mixing and flow were solid, tunes were sexy and groovy. Some of them kinda reminded me of the genre challenge mix I did with the funky american house (click Set Archive -> Da Bears). Nice work, Rob.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement