return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Food & Mood
View this Thread in Original format
Lira
I've been taking what I believe to be some crack-caffeine capsules, marketed as "thermogenics", for nearly a month now - and I decided to stop. The reason is that, although, 1g a day should be enough to make my metabolism spike and help me lose weight at the gym, these capsules are making me rather... irascible.

Of course, that doesn't mean I'm about to rip my shirt off, throw all the furniture out the window, and run topless down the stairs hurling all I see at random passers-by (not unless I double the dose, I believe), but whereas normal Lira is pretty absent-minded and oblivious to his surroundings, overcaffeine'd Lira gets annoyed whenever someone breaks an obviously necessary rule. It's as if I became German or something! I had never noticed, for example, how many cars drive the wrong way in front of my condo, putting people's lives in danger, just so they can arrive at their destination 30 seconds earlier. I now usually shout "Wrong way!" at offending drivers, even though it's quite obvious they know they're doing something wrong. Not surprisingly, too much coffee has a similar effect on me.

How about you? Is there any food/legal substance that changes your mood for an extended period of time? For more than a day or so, I mean.
Vector A
People drive on the wrong side of the road all the time in my neighborhood, almost hitting me a few times. It seems to be mostly a result of driving while cellphone-ing.

Anyway, I have found a low salt diet makes me irritable.
LAdazeNYnights
Oddly enough, I was just thinking about this the other day. I've found that when I eat fruit (perhaps as a substitute for lunch) I am more productive in the early evening. Lately, I'll get home from classes and have a plum while I relax with a newspaper or magazine for a bit and then suddenly find myself studying/doing work/making myself useful in some way or another.
Lilith
quote:
Originally posted by Lira
I've been taking what I believe to be some crack-caffeine capsules, marketed as "thermogenics"

So.. you've basically been doing Speed for a month (not crack) full of caffeine AND ephedrine and wondering why you're cranky? Here's my quick 30sec guide to weight loss-

1. Put down the fork you fatty
2. Get motivated not to be a fat bastard, failing that, report here for regular doses of anti-fat humiliation
3. Eat stuff that wont make you chubby and keep eating that way
Fledz
I could have sworn I already called multiple people here idiots for using those pills, yourself included. If I haven't already, you're an idiot.

Do what Lil said, then start counting calories. That's how you lose weight.
JASON221
Really?
dj_alfi
Lol no it's not. Eat less than you normally do and work out more than you normally do. There's no need to count calories or cut out carbs or any stupid ing fad.
Fledz
Counting calories isn't a fad you moron, it's an indicator of where you're getting the excess calories from when you reduce your intake and still put on weight. It's done because food can be incredibly difficult to judge unless you're extremely knowledgeable about what to eat and people can eat thousands of kilojoules more than they think they do.

Weight loss is a simple maths equation, burn more than you take in. Counting what you're eating to figure out where you're making a mistake is the easiest and most efficient way of totalling your daily intake. Then once you've done it for a week or more, it's very easy to spot what mistakes you're making.

Eating less means all if you're eating food that's high in calorie count. You could cut your portions down by 75% and still take in more than needed. That's why it's done, and it's also why smart people don't listen to idiots like you.
Fest
try to eat natural food and workout in the mornings when you wake up. When you work out in the morning make sure its the first thing you do when you wake up :D
When go into a store the is loads of stuff that you might think is healthy but really isnt, thats why you want too eat all natural food.
dj_alfi
quote:
Originally posted by Fledz
Counting calories isn't a fad you moron, it's an indicator of where you're getting the excess calories from when you reduce your intake and still put on weight. It's done because food can be incredibly difficult to judge unless you're extremely knowledgeable about what to eat and people can eat thousands of kilojoules more than they think they do.

Weight loss is a simple maths equation, burn more than you take in. Counting what you're eating to figure out where you're making a mistake is the easiest and most efficient way of totalling your daily intake. Then once you've done it for a week or more, it's very easy to spot what mistakes you're making.

Eating less means all if you're eating food that's high in calorie count. You could cut your portions down by 75% and still take in more than needed. That's why it's done, and it's also why smart people don't listen to idiots like you.

Cool story bro

Fledz
Good rebuttal, well done.
Vector A
On a broad population scale, dieting is not good health advice. Most people lose the weight in the form of fat and muscle, then gain all of it back and then some almost entirely in the form of fat. This also means that, paradoxically, many people who diet will gain more weight in the long run than those who do not.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement