return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
. : Aria = Best Fucking Club in North America : .
View this Thread in Original format
Fire999
Okay...so I've not been to Space in Miami but Aria sure as beat the outta Guvernment or Sonar (BC)...PERIOD!!

Last Friday at approximately 7pm, I made a sudden decision to go down to ARIA since Armin is spinning and my bro from Vancouver is down to see him for the 1st time too!!

It took 5 hours of sheer madness to drive my ass down.....always lovely to greet the folks in Montreal when I got my tired ass lost on the highways....lol

After 45 mins of circulating the highways....finally I got to drive the scary stretch of Bridge linking the Montreal Island to another landmark (dunno what....lol)

TOA: 2:45am Montreal Downtown

3:00am: WAlked down the stretch of Saint-Denis towards Aria.

ARIA: Amazing layout. There are 2 distinctive booths facing each other..one being the DJ and the other Lighting. The DJ that was spinning before Armin was mad!!! Pure Pumping Techno!! --> Anyone care to fill in the DJ _____ ??

Armin was pretty impressed by that DJ considering he performed some out of the world tricks with the vinyls and decks....certainly got the crowd dancing.....

4:00am: Armin comes on with an unknown tune (at least to me) but it sure as hell continued the pumping vibe that the last DJ left us with...before he brought me and my friends 4 hrs of pure bliss...

Tight mixing...no surprise from the trance master himself....I had a wicked time getting wasted on 3 MDMAs and some speed....Never had I had this kinda experience with any other DJs....plus ARIA...I must say again....is the BEST CLUB ever....the ambience, the smily people and energetic crowd is totally unreal.....

Just arrived back in TO....all I can say is Montreal has the best nightlife and wildest peeps I've ever seen.....Jules Asner or Burke Brooke :) should do a Wild-On on Montreal soon...

Sorry for the rant...but I've just experienced something that is worth sharing with you Montreal folks!!

Definately going back to ARIA soon.....it's no surprise that DJs flaunt their real selves in the realm of ARIA Ambience and Crowd! (eg. Tiesto)

Cheers! What a massive party that was!!
ahlamalek
cool! next time present yourself to the Montreal TA crew :D
mastercongo
quote:
ARIA: Amazing layout. There are 2 distinctive booths facing each other..one being the DJ and the other Lighting. The DJ that was spinning before Armin was mad!!! Pure Pumping Techno!! --> Anyone care to fill in the DJ _____ ??

that dj was "Preach"
fastmp3
Montreal kicks ass :) God bless Aria
Biggy
Thank you for your good comments!
ShAwZy
Im not on here to Flame.....

But are you serious whem you say Aria is a better club then Guverment....please tell me you are exagerating. I mean really I read that and I was like what? I have been to Aria a few times now, and trust me the vibe is way better at Aria ( As I hate sketchy ginos walking around with there shirts off) But the club doesn't compare. I figure you are just exagerating as you had a really fun night. I dont have a preferance between Montreal and Toronto they both bring the best DJs in the world, and I know a lot of people battle between the two. I go where I want to see the best DJs and congrats to the Aria Promotional team for bringing such high prospected Djs. But the club doesn't compare to the venue in Toronto.

Sorry Biggy I know you work there but this is not a personal flame, its reality.

P.S. you crazy ******s know how to party too..... 12:00pm??? I Love it!:toocool:
fastmp3
hehe seriously i've never partied in tdot nor the guv , but i'm pretty sure the vibe in there is just like sona , nothing compares to aria :D
Biggy
It all depends what you like for a club?
I think Aria and Guvernment are really different!

My opinion is Aria is much more underground than Guvernment and it feel more like a warehouse party than a huge alcohol club like Guvernment.

Guvernment is a really good club and it's bigger than Aria and the most important thing: there is alcohol at Guv, it close earlier and it's more bright in the place!
Oh and the vibe is really different also, crowds are different.

There is good things at Guv and good things at Aria!

Like I much prefer the DJ booth at Aria! :)
TechnoFreak
Let me tell you 1 thing, I've been to guvernment 2 or 3 times, and much more at aria. The guvernment is a eautiful place, the way it is set up, the lighting, everything about the guv is top notch, except (and that is a big EXCEPT, the reason why aria is better) is that the people here, the vibe here, the fact that there is no booze, the undergroudness of aria puts it over the top. Aria is the best place that I have ever been bar/club/after hour/ even rave. But you can't really compare the 2 places, because first is a club with top notch DJs, compared to Millenium here, and Central Station (they play the same style of music, but don't get world class djs. Both places start early, and close early. Aria, on the other hand, is more of an underground, true to the word, after hour.

I hate guvernment because they pack it up way too much. Here not as much, look at last friday night for instance, you had lots of room to move around and dance, i bet it wasn't the same at guv. also the people there give off so much attitude...

i much prefer aria... :)
MEAT
If you want to see what the Guv is like.....just read the reviews of the party that went down there sunday night.....people invariably SWORE to NEVER go back to the Guv....the link is in the toronto forum

just thought you'd like to know !

p.s. Aria RULES:gsmile:

discojoe
Great point biggy! The dj booth placement makes a world of difference. One of the most important elements to djing is crowd interaction. How can you interact with the crowd when they can't see you? Aria's dj booth placement is nothing short of brilliant. Guv is bigger but that is pretty much the only thing it has on Aria.

But biggy why are you holding alcohol against the guv when you are hoping to have a license and be selling alcohol as early as this week?
chapayev
ARIA
#1 !!!!!!!
:eyes: :wtf: :D

keep it up,
biggy and im sure thers others, keep it MAGIK!!!

ps.; did someone said "guv" ? haha :stongue:, been there, saw that dont even bother comparing, seriously... :rolleyes:

"did i heard : s. a. s. h. a. ? slap me someone
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement