return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Steve Lawler at Stereo - last Friday
View this Thread in Original format
Patius
does anyone know why he stopped playing after just an hour and half? and did he actually return? I didn't stick around to find out
Maher Daniel
he was really sick and had a bad flue, with the heavy touring schedule unfortunately had to cut it a little short
Casa
Was good fun, met some cool people that night. Felt great to play some more banging stuff for once.
Marcus007
question: would stereo get their money back for a gig like that or would he just redeem it with another gig next time he's around?

hope you dont mind me asking
Seany
He was probably saving himself for the Digital Dreams Festival up in toronto! And for the 1.5 hrs he played he absolutely DOMINATED! I believe even afterwards he was playing at an after party!

Sounds to me like a classic Lawler "failure" like his 2006 nye gig at the bell center! ;)
Ravemontreal
I don't recall a Bell Centre failure, he played his full set (?)

On the other hand, I do recall him stopping after 45 minutes at his 3rd or 4th Aria performance.
zyklon-jay
He's a massive bellend anyway.
Spin Laden
quote:
Originally posted by Ravemontreal
I don't recall a Bell Centre failure, he played his full set (?)

On the other hand, I do recall him stopping after 45 minutes at his 3rd or 4th Aria performance.

not sure how long that set was but I believe he tapped out a good 90 mins early or something, the 2005-2006 Celebration set. I think I caught a 4-hour marathon set from him once :p
Casa
he was really nice to me! totally understandable that he had to end early. to be honest i dont even know if i could play as many shows as he does per week.
Ravemontreal
quote:
Originally posted by Casa
he was really nice to me! totally understandable that he had to end early. to be honest i dont even know if i could play as many shows as he does per week.

Sorry but that is a really stupid comment. If you book yourself too many shows and you can barely play 1h30, just take a few gigs out. It's not like he can't afford it.

Hey totally understandable that I pay 60$ to go to stereo and have a half set.... some of my friends were really pissed.

did he play an after set or not?

Ravemontreal
Casa
quote:
Originally posted by Ravemontreal
Sorry but that is a really stupid comment. If you book yourself too many shows and you can barely play 1h30, just take a few gigs out. It's not like he can't afford it.

Hey totally understandable that I pay 60$ to go to stereo and have a half set.... some of my friends were really pissed.

did he play an after set or not?

The guy was really sick dude. I'm the first to say when someone is slacking, trying to make an easy paycheck. This was not the case. Also, unless you're the guy's accountant, I'm not too sure how you know about his finances.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement