return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Syria
View this Thread in Original format
Joss Weatherby
So yea... s getting real.

A bunch of top ministers, including the defense minister, who is also Assad's brother-in-law were killed in a bombing today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-18882149

Also apparently the countries chemical weapons have been taken out of their storage areas and moved someplace else. One high level defector states that he has no doubt that Assad will use chemical weapons against his own people.

Even if he doesn't there is still a butt-load of nerve and blister agents now somewhere out there in the country...
stren
got real months ago. Russia makes too much money selling arms to Syria, so its gonna be bad
Lira
I believe you mean " got syrious". My mission here is done and I'll get my coat.
stren
quote:
Originally posted by Lira
I believe you mean " got syrious". My mission here is done and I'll get my coat.

let me show you the door
Lira
:p
fredjan
About damn time.
Halcyon+On+On
Odd that some might be so quick to applaud a suicide bombing when it serves the interests of perceived liberty and the overthrow of an admittedly deplorable regime. But I wonder what the Syrian rebel forces will get if they win. Will Syria be a far worse-off Muslim state (for Muslims and Arabs, alike) should Assad and his cadre be uninstalled?

I seriously don't know. I do not know enough about Syria. But a government overthrown by suicide bombing just doesn't sound promising for the human rights record of its inevitable successors. I hope that I am wrong.
Banora
quote:

You need to take this more syriausly.
Zharen
quote:

:stongue:
Zharen
But it is about time that butcher Assad felt some real pain for all the atrocities he is committing on his own people. A few of those ministers have family ties to him.

kamil
The real drama begins when USA gets involved. I cant wait to see America 'liberate' as usual and Starbucks open up everywhere after everything is over.

*gets popcorn*
Joss Weatherby
I wouldn't be against some sort of international mission to secure their WMD stockpiles. Unlike Iraq its verified through and through that Syria has massive quantities of nerve and blister agents as well as the facilities to produce them.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement