return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
So I fired a guy for the first time today.
View this Thread in Original format
BTG
Never done that before...it's kind of hard to do when you like the guy but your boss tells you to do it.

poor guy cried at the end.

imma boss.
Igaryok
I got fired 2 years ago and it was the best thing that happened to me. I also made sure that the woman that fired me got fired too. :D
Intellekshual
It's a really ty thing. I had to do it a couple of times and felt guilty for days. :/
DJ RANN
I've only been fired once and at the time I was a little pissed but in hindsight I am so ing glad it happened. The company and people I was forcing myself to like were just terrible.

...you know, the office women who put up pictures of Paolo Di Canio, the gay guy that's not the flamboyant, funny or cool type, just a stay at home, slightly fat and bald boring guy, your manager that is so dead set on trying to ascend the next tiny pay grade and you can smell the corprate desperation on them a mile away, the office joke teller that just isn't funny but believes he's the lost member of the fast show.

just horrid. Got a much better job a week later and in some ways, it got to where I am now.

Fired a few people though through the years. I've had one cry and literally beg for his (that was rough), one take it pretty well (kinda knew he was ing up) and one that got really weird. Like no obvious emotion or reaction, but body language is screaming: I'm going to kill your whole family.
Banora
quote:
Originally posted by Igaryok
I also made sure that the woman that fired me got fired too. :D

Always the best feeling; I had that happen to me (but someone else got the guy fired). I had a good laugh when I found out he got the boot. I knew I was a up but I hated that job anyway, so I wasn't sad to see it go. Best part is when the guy tried to dangle the option of not firing me (after 5 write-ups corporate rule states you get fired) by saying we could ignore the corporate rule and no one had to know. I just told him no thanks... honestly, I was practically skipping to his office when I got my fifth write up.
Igaryok
quote:
Originally posted by Banora
Always the best feeling;

Yeah, the thing is I'm not a vengeful person but this was a situation where I had to do it for the greater good. This was a supervisor that thrived on feasting on the weak. She would pick a weak individual or somebody with low self esteem and would nit pick their every mistake. I kid you not that I saw people coming out of meetings with her in tears almost every day and eventually she would dispose of them like garbage.

After a while I started keeping a paper trail of all the she did wrong including emails, reports, assignments, etc. Eventually I got fired for a post on Facebook. So I put a nice little report together and sent it out to the CEO and director of human resources. As luck would have it a few co workers called the ethics line to complain about her. 3 days later she was gone. :D
Banora
quote:
Originally posted by Igaryok
Yeah, the thing is I'm not a vengeful person but this was a situation where I had to do it for the greater good. This was a supervisor that thrived on feasting on the weak. She would pick a weak individual or somebody with low self esteem and would nit pick their every mistake. I kid you not that I saw people coming out of meetings with her in tears almost every day and eventually she would dispose of them like garbage.

Yup. Sounds like the manager I had (except it was a he). He'd try to bully and intimidate me and I'd just shrug him off, which pissed him off even more then he'd take it out on someone else even worse. I remember one night he tried to bully me, I pretty much just shrugged my shoulders and went on my merry way. As I am leaving (note this is like midnight on a Sunday) he goes over to the bartender and starts screaming at her (in front of her 10-year-old daughter who was waiting for her) that she needed to scrub the walls and the floors because they were filthy... this is happening while the cleaning crew is like "uh, dude, that's our job."

Poor girl had an 8am class too. He told her that her work was more important than her job. I told him off (which is how I got my fifth write-up. My fourth write up earlier in the day was due to the fact I called my coworker who was late for her shift to remind her that she was due in. Somehow a manager found out and wrote me up for 'overstepping my job boundaries'), I don't remember what I said, but something like how he should take his anger out on the person who caused it, not others and especially their children.

Prick. Seems a lot of people called corporate on him, though, which is why he ended up getting fired. He was driving away/firing so many people the restaurant was so severely understaffed because we couldn't keep anyone and no one wanted to work there.
Halcyon+On+On
quote:
by saying we could ignore the corporate rule and no one had to know.

Ugh, was that innuendo for something?
Banora
quote:
Originally posted by Halcyon+On+On
Ugh, was that innuendo for something?

I dunno. Maybe. He just kept pressing the subject of "well, sure it says you get fired after five write-ups but if you reallllyyy want to keep this job maybe I can overlook it if you prove to me that you want to keep it."

I was like "Nope. Rules are rules. Five writes up and I'm fired!"

"But are you suuurree? Don't you need the money really badly?"

"Not as badly as you'd think!"

It went on like that for a good few minutes. I think he just wanted the satisfaction of seeing me beg.
Halcyon+On+On
I choose to believe he wanted you for one moment to have a second thought, and say "you know what? I guess maybe I should keep this job for a bit." Then he'd get to define his terms. Then you'd fire back "what do you mean?" Then he'd say "meet me at the Motel 6 off I-something (highway? Kentucky has those, right?) at 8 o' clock", then you'd be like "What for, mister? I'm just an innocent part-time college student, I don't know nothin' about no liaison" and then he'd be like "oh, you know what", then you'd be like "what, you want me to have relations with you to keep my job, Mister? Ain't you married and have kids 'n all?", then he'd be like "yeah, but they don't have to kno- And then a flashbomb would bounce right into the manager's office of the Gamestop (I'm assuming that's where you worked) and a squad of armed police officers would storm in and press the perp against the back office drywall and read him his rights and give you a plaque with the ♀ on it and you'd automatically get the rights to your own Lifetime original movie with credits and you'd be played by some B-actress I dunno some blond with ducky lips and a forehead and you would have made maybe $80,000 in royalties and lived it up at first but squandered your fortune within just a few years realizing how insufficient a pittance like that is just before it's TOO LATE

BUT NO. YOU BLEW IT. YOU BLEW IT BY NOT BLOWING HIM. LOOK WHAT YOU'VE FOREGONE.

Might as well just settle down and have kids now, at this point, you know?

Banora
quote:
Originally posted by Halcyon+On+On
I choose to believe he wanted you for one moment to have a second thought, and say "you know what? I guess maybe I should keep this job for a bit." Then he'd get to define his terms. Then you'd fire back "what do you mean?" Then he'd say "meet me at the Motel 6 off I-something (highway? Kentucky has those, right?) at 8 o' clock", then you'd be like "What for, mister? I'm just an innocent part-time college student, I don't know nothin' about no liaison" and then he'd be like "oh, you know what", then you'd be like "what, you want me to have relations with you to keep my job, Mister? Ain't you married and have kids 'n all?", then he'd be like "yeah, but they don't have to kno- And then a flashbomb would bounce right into the manager's office of the Gamestop (I'm assuming that's where you worked) and a squad of armed police officers would storm in and press the perp against the back office drywall and read him his rights and give you a plaque with the ♀ on it and you'd automatically get the rights to your own Lifetime original movie with credits and you'd be played by some B-actress I dunno some blond with ducky lips and a forehead and you would have made maybe $80,000 in royalties and lived it up at first but squandered your fortune within just a few years realizing how insufficient a pittance like that is just before it's TOO LATE

BUT NO. YOU BLEW IT. YOU BLEW IT BY NOT BLOWING HIM. LOOK WHAT YOU'VE FOREGONE.

Might as well just settle down and have kids now, at this point, you know?

:stongue: :stongue:

Nah this was at Hard Rock. Gamestop was an epic job and I'm pretty sure my managers there would have beat the ever living out of someone who tried that.

But you're right. I blew it. My life is meaningless! I'll just take my shoes off and go to the kitchen now. :(
BTG
quote:
:stongue: :stongue:
But you're right. I blew it. My life is meaningless! I'll just take my shoes off and go to the kitchen now. :(

LUCKY.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Privacy Statement