return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Cape Town
View this Thread in Original format
UWM
What should I do there? Going for a few weeks for work.

Also, whereabouts in the UK is it?
OrangestO
Isn't that South Africa, mate?
UWM
Yes, it's an old forum joke. See: Googooly.
Acton
Visit District 9.
itsamemario
I have no idea what you should do, but I know a few things you shouldn't do. These are more for SA in general, rather than Cape Town specifically, but it's not that different from the rest of the country tbh.

-If you're driving and you come to an intersection, absolutely don't be in the lane closest to the pavement.
-Don't go to black neighbourhoods. Srsly
-Don't go out at night
-Never go out alone
-Don't wear anything fancier than like Adidas. Chances are you'll get robbed then too, but at least they won't get your nice clothes.
-Don't send teh letter
kadomony
i've heard the nightlife is rediiculase
david.michael
quote:
Originally posted by kadomony
i've heard the nightlife is rediiculase

:stongue:

ahh, the good old days
UWM
You people are useless.
Igaryok
quote:
Originally posted by UWM
You people are useless.

Personally I think this advice was valuable.

quote:
Originally posted by itsamemario
I have no idea what you should do, but I know a few things you shouldn't do. These are more for SA in general, rather than Cape Town specifically, but it's not that different from the rest of the country tbh.

-If you're driving and you come to an intersection, absolutely don't be in the lane closest to the pavement.
-Don't go out at night
-Never go out alone
-Don't wear anything fancier than like Adidas. Chances are you'll get robbed then too, but at least they won't get your nice clothes.
-Don't send teh letter
fbgdavidson
quote:

-Don't go out at night
-Never go out alone
-Don't send teh letter

Whilst driving around South Africa and particular just outside Cape Town we learned to ease off if you could see a traffic light was red hoping it'd turn by the time you got closer, particularly where people are just milling about.

When we first arrived in South Africa we took a wrong turn outside the airport and ended up in an awful traffic jam, with the people from the townships walking around the car peering in almost as if we were being cased! It would have been bad if we'd been carjacked within 15mins of touching down on South Africa soil! :D

pointPi
quote:

-Don't go out at night
-Never go out alone
-Don't send teh letter

A question: Is Kenya and Tanzania less crime-ridden than South Africa?

I once read in magazine that you're less likely to be robbed in Lagos than in Barcelona.
wilfredes
He's the one on the right.

CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement