return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
The King of Digital DJ Software
View this Thread in Original format
sunspeeder
If there is one yet, what is the industry standard? What options are available?

I am looking at strictly software for a laptop.

The only one I am familiar with is the Traktor Pro 2.

http://www.native-instruments.com/e...or/dj-software/
sunspeeder
Also, as a follow up question, are DJs by and large these days still bringing along their gear and setups to gigs - or just their music? and then leaving the setup for the host..
Woony
Traktor is the standard. There's a few guys using Ableton but that's more of a producer angle to DJing. Serato seems to be more for the turntableism kind of DJs.

In terms of gear it obviously depends if you are a pro or amateur DJ and in what kind of clubs you play. From what I observed from pro digital DJs they generally use the club's mixer but bring their own additional grear (ie. Kontrol X1's, maschine etc. or what they're using)
DJ RANN
Is that true though? I thought serato was the club standard, and traktor is only used by the really geeky guys who want to endlessly with the FX (like Richie Hawtin etc).
itsamemario
traktor is standard. serato is more of a FLAC type dj software.
sounds better, but the GUI is kinda corny. plus they were too late to implement looping etc, so that hindered them from becoming the defacto standard. pretty much all the dj's ive played out with, save a very few, has been using Traktor. It does have it limitations also, but it offers more control and now also more features (remic decks etc).
now if theyd only start working on lowering resource usage, that'd make it perfect :p
discobiscuit
Serato. Look at all of the serato native controllers. Everyone is making controllers specifically for serato because it is the industry standard. If pioneer is making a mixer for serato then it's the industry standard. And I'm not a fan of pioneer.

If you think Traktor is the industry standard you are seriously retarded. Seriously....
Juan Paulino
Pioneer has made a mixer for serato, 900srt
discobiscuit
"If pioneer is making a mixer for serato they are the industry standard" yes they are making a serato mixer. That was my point!
darouge11
serato is industry standard for 90% of the dj mag poll lol
Brandt Slater
Depends who you ask. America is more Serato based where overseas it's more Traktor based. Truthfully it's personal preference. Demo both and see what you like/dislike about each software.

itsamemario
quote:
Originally posted by discobiscuit
Serato. Look at all of the serato native controllers. Everyone is making controllers specifically for serato because it is the industry standard. If pioneer is making a mixer for serato then it's the industry standard. And I'm not a fan of pioneer.

Umm yeah they made a mixer for Serato. Except it's just a modified version of their 900-mixer, which had native Traktor support from the get-go, two years before the SRT was released.

Their controllers are usually released with a Traktor version and a Serato version simultaneously. And there are a myriad of other controllers made by a spectre of vendors, specifically for Traktor as well, so you're gonna have to find some numbers to prove that point. Otherwise it's just you throwing out baseless accusations.

quote:
If you think Traktor is the industry standard you are seriously retarded. Seriously....

Wow, what a great conclusion, I mean it bears such impact. I applaud you Sir. Seriously....
Freak
Traktor. By a long long way.

If you wish me to elaborate i can.
You know what i do and who i work with, so its based on direct real world experience :)

quote:
Originally posted by sr126

do you have any recommendations for dj needles/carts?

Shure M44-7 on genuine technics headshells.
The best. Period.
Quite stiff when new, but loosen up nicely after a couple of plays and track & sound better than anything else.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement