return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Simple meals...
View this Thread in Original format
Joss Weatherby
Despite common belief I don't actually eat hungryman dinners and I suck at making myself food at all. I am not a bad cook by any means, just lazy when it comes to eating. My staple is simple one cheese quesadillas and sometimes spaghetti (and if I am really lazy white rice and soy sauce).

Anyone have any suggestions on simple meals that are quick to make and don't require a lot of ingredients?

Eating out every other night is expensive (and even then I suck, I usually get a burger or pizza or katsu).
Jon_Snow
Why don't you stop fighting the self fulfilling prophecy and eat a Hungry Man Dinner.
Joss Weatherby
Because I assume they are disgusting? I can barely stand frozen pizzas.
pkcRAISTLIN
surprised you don't get your mum to send you stuff to reheat.
AmberLea
I don't cook either.
Simple meals: wine & cheese, omelettes, french bread/turkey cheese are my go to's.
Spacey Orange
quote:
Originally posted by Joss Weatherby
Despite common belief I don't actually eat hungryman dinners and I suck at making myself food at all. I am not a bad cook by any means, just lazy when it comes to eating. My staple is simple one cheese quesadillas and sometimes spaghetti (and if I am really lazy white rice and soy sauce).

Anyone have any suggestions on simple meals that are quick to make and don't require a lot of ingredients?

Eating out every other night is expensive (and even then I suck, I usually get a burger or pizza or katsu).

you didn't ask for healthy meals so i offer the following:

ingredients:

1 package square ramen noodle, any flavor. the really cheap ones.
1 egg
1/2 pound broccoli

cut up the broccoli into mouth-sized pieces.

boil the ramen without the flavoring. in this same pot, throw in the broccoli. once its cooked, strain and set aside.
beat the egg and cook it like a pancake. once cooked, cut it up into pieces in the fryer and set it aside

in a frying pan add some oil and drop in the ramen and broccoli and sprinkle the ramen flavoring and lastly add the egg.

enjoy. cost 1.25 tops.

yeah, i was a fat mother******.
enydo
I do this weekly because I'm boring and it's good at work.

Buy a thing of fresh chicken breasts from the grocery store.
3-6 or whatever you want.

Slather them in oil + salt + pepper + .

Oven to 350, cookie/baking sheet, put them in there for about 40~ minutes or so.

Take them out, refridgerate them. A chicken breast + frozen veggies + tupperware + microwave = meal.

Amy's frozen pizzas, if you have those out there, are pretty damn good actually. I've been eating the cheese and mushroom ones lately when I don't have a lot of time.
Joss Weatherby
Yea chicken breasts are probably a good idea. I tend to avoid buying a lot of meats for some reason, mainly because I always figure I'll not eat them soon enough (though freezing works).

Spacey, the ramen idea is good, except I generally don't like eggs, at least eggs that ... whats the word, close to their normal state.

Actually one of my favorites for a "big" meal is bacon carbonara... So simple, chopped up fried bacon, eggs, grated parmesan, and some sorta pasta. Fry bacon, cook pasta, mix cheese and two or three eggs in a bowl, then mix everything together. The hot pasta cooks the egg sauce.

Some people add cream to it, but I think thats over kill. Salt and pepper to taste.
Lilith
Green salad with cheese, just get some balsamic vinegar, shallots (spring onions) with a little bit of olive oil, salt, pepper and a tiny bit of sugar.
Looney4Clooney
seriously ?

take a pot, boil water, add frozen veggies. Take a pan, heat it up, throw streak or fish. under 10 minutes.

OrangestO
Tacos (lean beef, seasoning, cheese, tomato, onion, sour cream, etc.)
Chicken fajitas (bbq sauce, red peppers, onion, cheese, etc.)
Chicken cutlets (egg, breadcrumbs) with mashed potatoes (milk, butter, cheese, garlic powder) and veggies

like that, yo.
Jon_Snow
It's no wonder ppl are fat and unhealthy.

My stand by is saute kale, onions, broth, chicken with either quinoa or pasta.

Salads are good too.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Privacy Statement