return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Good Ol Fashion World Cup Conversation
View this Thread in Original format
Sbliss22
What a win!! The entire second half just had that "oh here we go again" feeling. Played realll slow and mostly outmatched but in the end found a way. Hey a win is a win, bring on the Pepe-less Portugal!!

:whip::whip:
edubbz
Lol they got lucky. Idk how they prevailed. And as much as I dislike Pepe, that was such a BS card. I guess his past got the best of him.
xpand3r
Skeptic
The US played like though. Zero midfield. Still they might advance just because POR and GHA are just as mediocre.

Pretty sexy WC nonetheless
OrangestO
Yea, after we scored the first goal and Altidore got injured, it was more of a game of survival. I knew Ghana would eventually score; they were getting chance after chance. Not sure how the hell we scored the game-winning goal, but hey three points is three points.

Bring it on, Portugal!
CarS
quote:
Originally posted by edubbz
Lol they got lucky. Idk how they prevailed. And as much as I dislike Pepe, that was such a BS card. I guess his past got the best of him.

not BS

the hit in the face may have been inadvertent, maybe not, but the subsequent head-butt when muller was down, fully justified the card.

otoh, the howedes -eder snafu should have been a penalty.
would that have turned things around for Portugal?

It would (prob.) have been 3-1 then, so who can say...
Ali Mahmud
I won't say it was luck for the US, but they finished there chances and that was the difference. Ghana did dominate that game, and if they finished there chances they would of have won the game or at least a draw. In the end if you don't score you won't win. What the US have to worry about is if they play like that against the more clinical teams, they are over.

As for the Pepe read card, that was a red card any day of the week. Even though the head butt was not strong, it's still an a head butt for no reason at all.

Portugal are overrated, so even though they lost Pepe, Ronaldo is the big lost, he seems to not be fully fit. US can win this one, but anything but a win and US are out, and I don't see Ghana beating or drawing against Germany, or US beating Germany. Win for Portugal against US and they can finish second, but Ronaldo is not fit, and that is going to be the end of Portugal. I picked them to not make it out of this group. US screwed my bracket if they go through, hahaha.
ravracer16
Where is everyone else going to see the game Sunday.

Now that you have the bandwagon fans coming out of the woodwork I imagine that at least two hours min arrival before kick off to any bar in the city.

Terminal 5 was pretty cool. But not the pure football crowd like the Football Factory or Nevada Smiths.
edubbz
After today, let's face it.. Colombia's taking this !!!

lol ok maybe not but I'm happy as they made it to knockout rnds with a game to spare (Japan).

edit: to broaden the () talk here, why don't you change the name of the thread to the world cup entirety. lets talk some good ol' international futbol.
goonielove
I absolutely love the talent on England but I don't understand whyyyy they can't get it together. There's like zero fusion between these players. I also don't think Rooney should be starting in the middle. That position is for Welbeck/Sturridge. Every time he started on the wing at MANU he was way more effective. They get me so frustrated sometimes.

Suarez really is the man. As a Liverpool fan, yesterdays game was so nice to watch him net twice. I am still really nervous for his knee.

What's up with Ivory Coast?? They're so confusing. Gervinho does not play as well for his club teams, but looks like an all star out there. AND Yaya who played amazing football this year is asleep! I dont get it. They need to bring Drogba in sooner. His presence changes everything.

However, I am rooting for Germany/USA. I dont care how the Americans do it, wins are wins and thats what matters. But I absolutely love the way the Germans play. It's so pleasant to watch...so fluid, so together.

Unfortunately I think the title goes to a South American team. Brazil or Argentina. The weather will start affecting the Europeans in the later games. You may say Brazil has been playing like crap, but they are getting the results. They will show up in the knockouts, most likely late in every game. They are sneaky like that.

Ali Mahmud
I still think it going to be Germany vs Holland in the final. Holland has a tricky game against chile to finish top, but I think they will, and I know Germany will finish top, so it will be all setup for them to meet in the final. Brazil vs Argentina in the 3rd place game with brazil winning 3rd place.
DOOMBOT
I'm restarting my bracket. Costa Rica will be champions!!!!!! :mad:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement