return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Holy Crap, TA is still alive?!?!?
View this Thread in Original format
MisterOpus1
How wonderful. Swamper, you still alive? Pretty amazing.

Welp, it's been real. Good chat. See you in a few years.......:D
OrangestO
I'm curious, what drives one to visit this place again after years of absence?

Is it as simple as one day thinking, "Hey, I remember that cyber cesspool I used to be a part of, I wonder if it's still around?"
sensorium
Well, for MisterOpus1, I guess it's kinda simple...

He was one of few that actually made this place informative in a productive way. Look at his posts.
AlphaStarred
quote:
Originally posted by OrangestO
I'm curious, what drives one to visit this place again after years of absence?

I personally returned because I had my anxiety condition and couldn't cope with everyday life. I would isolate myself mostly at home and be on the computer, so naturally I turned to music and TA, among other things, to pass the time. I'm not really busy at the moment, so I'm popping in every now and then to see what's going on and perhaps try to contribute something.

quote:
Is it as simple as one day thinking, "Hey, I remember that cyber cesspool I used to be a part of, I wonder if it's still around?"

Except back in the day, when many of us registered, we were still in our late late 'teens. The air and attitude was different, which was probably mostly based on most of the members being rather young. And of course the internet wasn't as prevalent back then, and was more novel and exciting. I remember I once made a thread in 2005 or so, saying how I was discovering more of "outside" life and how people should get off their computers and live more.
pkcRAISTLIN
quote:
Originally posted by MisterOpus1

opus!! *waves*

yeah, TA is in its death throws. certainly since the heyday of the PDD. hope you and the family are well. I think you and Q5 should meet up IRL for s and giggles :p
Lagrangian
it's not dying people. get over yourselves.

you think yo ass is made of gold.
Swamper
quote:

Yes. However, years ago, I made arrangements that even if I wasn't to be around this place would keep going for the the next 50 years.

So, make sure to return when you're retired, the forum should be mobile friendly by then.:wtf::haha:
Mr.Mystery
It's nice that some things never change. I don't think any other forum I've visited has been standing for so long.
Trance-M
quote:

So over 40 means increasing intervals?
Innocence Lost
quote:
Originally posted by Swamper
Yes. However, years ago, I made arrangements that even if I wasn't to be around this place would keep going for the the next 50 years.

how'd you do it? curious, i would like to do that for my soundcloud.

Vivid Boy
This is where i come to let out all my swear words. ta is my punching bag. nou is the leather
Swamper
quote:
Originally posted by Innocence Lost
how'd you do it? curious, i would like to do that for my soundcloud.

Paypal account for all expenses and gave access to some people (database/hosting passwords/etc.) to handle the other stuff.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Privacy Statement