return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 
I just broke my 3rd pair of Sony MDR V700's
View this Thread in Original format
koky69
I love these headphones but !!! :mad:

I'd like to get The Pioneers but am not interested in kicking out so much cash at this time. IMO The Pioneer HDJ2000's and these Sonys have the best sound quality i've heard as far as for monitoring.

i am looking at the audio technica m50x and might go check them out soon.

What are you guys using? And why?
Innocence Lost
Yes mr kokster. I have the audio technica m40x and its def worth the upgrade i have my mind on other things like my studio gear.

man, great headphones.
koky69
How the you gonna call that an upgrade? If i get the 50's i'd still be downgrading from the Sonys. I'm not even a real dj and i know more technical than you :haha: Stay off my threads bro. You are useless.
miamitranceman
I've had my v700's for nearly ten years and no problems. I know the knock on them are they crack but never had an issue personally.
koky69
I'm not even being rough with them. I love them things but .
Innocence Lost
:(
DJ RANN
I used to love my v700's but they have a crucial design flaw that will mean they always crack and disintegrate if you just look at them the wrong way.

Just pony up and get the Sony MDR7509HD's and never look back. Sure they'll set you back $200 but I've abused mine for 8 years and they are still going strong. They sound like the 700's only more detail and better separation. Probably the best DJ cans out there IMO.
Innocence Lost
What about skull candy?
koky69
quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
I used to love my v700's but they have a crucial design flaw that will mean they always crack and disintegrate if you just look at them the wrong way.

Just pony up and get the Sony MDR7509HD's and never look back. Sure they'll set you back $200 but I've abused mine for 8 years and they are still going strong. They sound like the 700's only more detail and better separation. Probably the best DJ cans out there IMO.

I think you're right.But I guess if I'm going to cough up $200 I might as well get the Pioneers. I found them at a couple places for as low as $230. I'm going to check out the Sony mdr 7509hd you mentioned if I can find some around.
Innocence Lost
Koky...

DJ RANN
I've never owned the pioneers, just used them a a couple of times - they were fine but I just can't get away from my 7509HD's.

I'm a score mix engineer by trade so probably a bit more picky than most when it comes to detail and response, therfore "DJ" headphones always have sounded too hyped or hifi for me.

I liked the 700's becuase they sounded nice (in a hifi way) but not too much. You could never trust the bass response on them for engineering but they were comfy and gave good isolation, with decent detail.

The 7509HD's were like the 700's more refined bigger brother. great bass response without that big sweep at 250 and the highs are just super clear. I have to be careful if ever using them for production because I hear more with them than I do with my monitors and if you're not careful, you start mixing for minutiae that no one apart from dogs will hear lol. But I suppose that's one of the reasons that I love them for DJ'ing - it's the detail, so if you need to mix for the hats, or some weird rhythmical thing, the detail allows you to pick out that sound.

My only issue is that after 7 years the headband and ear cups started having the faux leather come off, but they're user replaceable and it's really not bad going for that amount of use.

Whether you end up with the Pioneers or the sony's you're in a good place.
MSZ
quote:
Originally posted by koky69
How the you gonna call that an upgrade? If i get the 50's i'd still be downgrading from the Sonys. I'm not even a real dj and i know more technical than you :haha: Stay off my threads bro. You are useless.

looooooool
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement