return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Flash Factory
View this Thread in Original format
Sbliss22
Buddy just hit me up with this link. Anybody else have more info on this place? Supposedly new club opening in midtown. Have Martinez Brothers thee this weekend. Anybody know more?

http://www.factmag.com/2016/01/19/f...open-manhattan/
EarnYourKeep
I've been inside this spot before it was anything EDM related. it was mainly a hiphop club before, space is good though, the only thing that i didn't like was the security, seemed like a shady hood spot that was my impression.

they queued the line outside the spot when it wasn't that crowded inside, not sure how the first run will go with a different type of crowd (non-hiphop).

this was down the block from my most favorite bar in NYC (smithfield hall - now relocated to w25th between 6-7th ave)
Scoops
the marketing team who though of the name of this venue should be shot

what a disgrace
EarnYourKeep
i think the real concerns here is how they manage the door, can they handle the crowd that our scene brings, and what mgmt's relationship is with promoters and talent.

from the hiphop perspective, i'd be concerned that their door is not ready to handle what this scene demands, especially being IN manhattan

plus side, FIT chicks are always around!
rk1234
Tickets

gimmebeatz
i read a write up yesterday on this venue about how it all made from recycled materials which is pretty cool. then i laughed when they gave the description of the venues motto, which to paraphrase, went along the lines of "we are looking to stay away from the bottle service crowd, however we do offer cabanas."

last i checked, cabanas were VIP and associated with bottle service. completely contradicting statement unless ive somehow misunderstood what the cabanas are for.
Neonbeats
quote:
Originally posted by gimmebeatz
i read a write up yesterday on this venue about how it all made from recycled materials which is pretty cool. then i laughed when they gave the description of the venues motto, which to paraphrase, went along the lines of "we are looking to stay away from the bottle service crowd, however we do offer cabanas."

last i checked, cabanas were VIP and associated with bottle service. completely contradicting statement unless ive somehow misunderstood what the cabanas are for.

I think it's pretty clear. The club will have bottles but not exclusively a VIP crowd like Provocateur. I'm thinking a more interesting version of Marquee.
ucforange
quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats
I think it's pretty clear. The club will have bottles but not exclusively a VIP crowd like Provocateur. I'm thinking a more interesting version of Marquee.

It's actually not clear at all. If they were going to "stay away from the VIP crowd," then offering cabanas is a direct contradiction of staying away from the VIP crowd. Either you have VIP (or VIP-like amenities such as cabanas) or you don't.
Neonbeats
quote:
Originally posted by ucforange
It's actually not clear at all. If they were going to "stay away from the VIP crowd," then offering cabanas is a direct contradiction of staying away from the VIP crowd. Either you have VIP (or VIP-like amenities such as cabanas) or you don't.

Or you have both like every club?

You have to understand when they say VIP crowd they mean the entire crowd. They are comparing to Provocateur.
cl384923
Rough way to start, grand opening smacked by a snow storm...

ReenTeenTeen
the place isnt new, nothing grand about it but I doubt it they wont do a good nights business with snow and Pacha closing it.
Cool1g
Jamie Jones and Eric Prydz playing here in Feb...
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Privacy Statement